Miro for Workshops
November 12, 2022

Miro for Workshops

I use it for internal and external projects to facilitate workshops for User Experience, Business Capabilities, Customer Journeys, People, Process and Technology. This can be in person, remote and hybrid. I can lead, but am usually a participant or facilitator during these workshops. It is a great way to collaborate and document artifacts.
  • Remote Support
  • Collaboration
  • Alignment
  • Automated Output in Standard format
  • Export of Meta Data
  • Integration with other Architecture tools (in standard formats)
  • Improved Collaboration
  • Improved Speed to Completion of Deliverables
  • Quicker ROI
All I can say is that Miro is easy to use and get started with. However, Prior Planning Prevents (Bad) Performance. It is important to set-up and practice the workshop flow with the facilitators before hand.
I haven't tried a lot of integration scenarios. But, in general I would like to see more integration capabilities, with documented metadata / APIs.
Miro's ability to collaborate on new projects is great for me because I primarily interact with external customers and partners.

Not sure

Miro is the corporate standard.
Miro is definitely the best for remote workshop collaboration but can also be used to facilitate in person and hybrid workshops too. It really helps align multiple stakeholders with documentation and collaboration. It can also be used to conduct read-outs, however, it would be useful if there was a standard export capability.