Capable, friendly and flexible
February 17, 2023

Capable, friendly and flexible

We use Miro to quickly workshop new ideas, communicate design drafts, build alignment across teams, and plan out future work. It’s easy for other teams to pick up and sharing boards is quick and the sharing options help control who has access to do what. I mostly use it to collate information together and draft wireframes, but I don’t think there are many tasks of my day-to-day tasks I couldn’t do in Miro.
  • Collating information
  • Sketching wireframes
  • Making flow charts
  • More advanced wireframe components
  • Better performance with large boards
  • Component themes for wireframes, flow charts, and presentations
  • enabled better collaboration between teams of different capabilities
  • Reduced the range of tools I need to maintain
  • Allows me to keep related, but vastly different outputs in a single space
We can collaborate on a range of project types, from research planning, to wire framing and design workshopping, to information gathering. Having one tool everybody can get behind and creates a familiar space in which we can work together takes away the fuss and confusion enabling teams to more quickly get to the important stuff

Not sure

It does so much more and the user experience is a lot better. I can more easily search and find the right spaces, share them with colleagues and organise the work into groups. The collaboration features really set it apart. Even though it has some room to get better, it’s ‘good enough’ to do almost any of the design and research tasks I have planned.
Miro does so much so well. It’s easy to throw ideas together and share them with colleagues. I can create robust flow charts and wireframes. But sometimes Miro feels like a jack of all trades and master of none. The wireframe components are little restrictive, and the flow chart tools could be more intelligent.