Overall Satisfaction with monday.com
We have moved almost all projects into Monday.com and use it as our main project management tool. All teams at the organization use it differently, but monday.com acts as a central source for projects and organizations. Monday.com helps us keep all projects and timelines in one place and allows us to have transparency across teams about workload and updates about ongoing work. We have found that as a team, we work well with transparency across teams so monday.com allows us to manage requests efficiently and see where other teams are at in cross-functional work.
- User interface/ experience- easy to navigate and play around.
- Automations to improve efficiency.
- Intuitiveness- easy to add columns items, etc.
- More column choices/different columns for different groups- can be hard to segment items and use the same columns throughout the entire board.
- Inbox feature does not serve our team well- can feel like random jumble of messages.
- Easier to see all of your tasks/ projects on one board.
- increased cross functional collaboration.
- Less planning documents- more streamlined/ efficient approach to long-term projects.
- Increased transparency and understanding of other team's projects/workloads.
As one of our admins, I find monday.com super intuitive to use. It is easy to click around and find what you need. When I onboard people, I always keep it high level and just encourage folks to poke around and play around with columns, colors, etc that get their personal boards working for them. It is fun just to click around and see all of the settings ad features. Once you have a "template" for a basic board, it's easy to level up with automation, etc so that the board works best for you.
Anytime we have had to reach out to customer service, we have gotten a super speedy and helpful reply which helps us get back on track. I also find myself watching all the videos in the help section frequently, in order to better help individuals on staff.
I think for some of the more advanced features such as "My work," we have not quite figured out how best to make it work for us, it seems like there are a lot of customizations needed to get it to work well, at least for us, it would be nice if it were more standardized so I feel like it does not work as well for us as intended.
Do you think monday.com delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with monday.com's feature set?
Did monday.com live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of monday.com go as expected?
Would you buy monday.com again?
Monday.com has been really helpful for us in event planning- we use action items and timelines to create a process where items are constantly being assigned out in order to follow our event timeline. A common conversation/ complaint I hear as one of our admins is that the staff want a board where they can manage all items that are assigned to them and have changes reflected on that board also reflected on the larger team board. I don't think we have nailed mirroring boards/columns but it would be great if that were more streamlined so that everyone had a board that acted as a "to-do list".