Pitching and monitoring made easy
Updated December 17, 2021
Pitching and monitoring made easy
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Muck Rack
We use Muck Rack for pitching releases, maintaining relationships and contact with industry and area reporters, and monitoring and reporting on earned media coverage.
- Muck Rack allows us to host releases on our website or client websites and point to them in a pitch email, helping drive further site traffic.
- Muck Rack monitors and keeps us up to date with changes in status for journalists we monitor.
- Muck Rack allows us to monitor unlimited clients and create detailed coverage reports on any business or topic we need.
- Creating coverage reports is time-consuming and it is difficult to filter out unrelated coverage with the Boolean operator-driven functionality
- Muck Rack does not integrate with our other monitoring and reporting tools, so for sharing reports everything needs to be manually exported and added to our reporting software.
- Muck Rack does not include broadcast coverage monitoring in its normal package, and the functionality of the added broadcast tool is limited compared to other coverage monitoring tools.
- Unlimited client monitoring
- Unlimited coverage reports
- Easily navigable dashboard
- Personalized pitching
- Muck Rack gave us comparable monitoring for more clients at a lower cost than other tools.
- However, for broadcast coverage, the ROI didn't make sense for us based on the cost and the limited functionality.
Aside from broadcast coverage, Muck Rack offered similar functionality at a lower price point for more unique monitoring situations.
Do you think Muck Rack delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Muck Rack's feature set?
Did Muck Rack live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Muck Rack go as expected?
Would you buy Muck Rack again?
Muck Rack is well suited for print and online media coverage, but it is lacking for broadcast coverage.
Evaluating Muck Rack and Competitors
Yes - We replaced TrendKite/Cision with Muck Rack. We found Muck Rack to be competitive on the basis of our needs (online and print media coverage, not broadcast) with a lower price point and unlimited coverage reports available to create and monitor. The customizability of Muck Rack was very appealing to our organization. However as time went on we were interested in adding broadcast coverage for new clients, and the cost and features of the broadcast coverage via a partner platform were underwhelming.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
The lower cost for similar features in comparison to our previous platform was the main driver for us.
I would have probably made the same decision, but as our client needs changed, our coverage/reporting needs changed as well. That wasn't something we could have anticipated during our initial evaluation and selection process.
Muck Rack Support
Muck Rack's customer service is very responsive. The live chat feature is very helpful, and our rep was always willing to get on the phone with us to sort out any issues that required more effort than we could achieve through the chat tool.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No; I was not aware of that being an offered feature/option, nor was it really needed.
I was having trouble with creating a monitoring report with Boolean operators; the more I used, the less helpful my report was. I explained the situation to our rep and she connected me with the team responsible for creating searches using Boolean terms, setting up a meeting for us to go over my issues in detail. This went well beyond just pointing me to the self-help guide on the website, which I had used before but was still having issues getting my desired outcome.