On24: A Good Business Tool
May 28, 2019
On24: A Good Business Tool
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ON24
I work for a company that is a reseller of On24's webcast services. We use it across the organization as our main platform for webcasting. Generally, we see On24 address business problems such as internal and external communications, as well as marketing and informational webinars. It can greatly assist companies that want to address all their employees or investors across multiple locations and at their own leisure with replays.
- Internal communications
- Lead generation
- Fantastic reporting analytics that can be downloaded into spreadsheets.
- Great audience communication tools such as polling and Q&A.
- Various methods of presentation whether it be audio or video.
- Good customer service.
- The platform could benefit from more presenter friendly integration such as being able to full-screen slides to be able to use with a clicker, as well as laser pointer feature.
- There could be better slide timing methods in the Elite platform (i.e. Being able to copy and paste slide times in/offset them manually).
- Customization could be improved to enhance branding.
About 80% of the time On24 is a very reliable platform. Occasionally there are instances where there are streaming issues, connection issues on the dial-in numbers, platform errors and the like. Also after the webinar goes live, replays/ downloads can get stuck or not appear, and sometimes platform design details will shift. If there is a very important announcement to be made and users cannot connect to the webinar or the webinar fails to stream this could have a major impact on the companies image and overall ROI.
- Provided new and important information to employees and/or the general public.
- Enhanced the companies message and branding leading to new/renewed business.
- Made internal communication more efficient therefore increasing productivity.
- Facebook for Business, Facebook Pages Manager, Vimeo Live and Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
Facebook and Vimeo are great ways to get a message out to the general public but it lacks in comparison to On24 for business purposes. Skype for Business is great for smaller group presentations but is difficult for audiences of larger quantities. On24 works far better for lectures and presentations. On24 will provide you with an in-depth reporting URL which you can monitor live while the presentation is going. You can have more security features through their audience URL, and gather information such as company name, email, etc. It's also far more suited for stuff like quizzes and certificates for educational purposes.
On24 is very well suited for internal communications, particularly if an organization has multiple different offices in various cities/countries and wants to reach them all at once. It offers contact and Q&A widgets that allow people to participate in real time rather than having to send an email and hope for a response. It is also great for companies to reach their investors or consumers for stuff like product launches.