ON24 - Spend a little extra to get a lot more!
Updated July 31, 2020
ON24 - Spend a little extra to get a lot more!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ON24
We utilize ON24 for all of our live webinars and some on-demand content. It provides an excellent user experience with reliable performance. It allows us to deliver our content to users on a wide variety of platforms without installing software or other headaches that traditional webinar platforms have. Additionally, the branding and customization available within the platform is unmatched.
- Branding - The entire ON24 interface can be customized with widgets and custom imaging/colors exactly how you need it.
- Reliability - The platform works on basically every device and browser out there with no software required. We receive 10x fewer complaints from attendees about ON24 versus other platforms we have used.
- Impresses our Audience - We regularly have presenters and attendees from outside of our member association ask us what platform we use and how they can use it!
- Cost - It is a more costly solution than other options out there. For smaller presentations, there are better options.
- Not all features included - If you want to get certain analytics or other features, you have to pay even more.
We are integrated to HubSpot via a 3rd party iPaaS service. ON24 handled most of the setup work and has been very attentive to maintaining the integration. While there was some time involved to initially set that integration up, once up and running, it has worked flawlessly and has given us an opportunity to integrate more data than we would've with a standard "out of the box" integration you might find elsewhere that only gives typical fields like name, email, etc. instead of ON24's solution which lets us sync all the data we need.
- Increased attendance on webinars.
- Increased affiliate sponsorships due to more impressive interface and more attendees.
- Reduced employee time spent setting up and maintaining webinars.
We have not encountered any performance issues over the course of 3 years and 300-some live webinars.
On24 gave us a professional digital presence instantly. We were able to add many additional online events easily when COVID-19 hit, shifting all of our in-person events to digital. Our members and local chapters have all been appreciative of the ability to use the platform.
ON24 blows Webex Meetings and GoToMeeting out of the water for reliability. Zoom is comparable for performance but can't match the branding and flexibility offered by ON24. If you only have small meetings, Zoom may meet your needs okay, but for any meeting over a couple dozen people, ON24 handles them with ease.
We can manage most of our account and setup on our own. For more complex portions, like connecting to our marketing/sales CRM, On24 includes great services to help us set up and adjust those integrations as frequently as we need to. When new privacy laws went into effect, we were able to implement a compliant solution with very little time spent on our side.
ON24 is perfect for any organization that needs to give a presentation to a group of over 100 people. If you are having more interactive sessions or sessions with fewer attendees, there may be more cost effective options available. Overall though, ON24 has been worth every penny and we are extremely happy. They continue to innovate and add new features each quarter.
ON24 Feature Ratings
ON24 and Communications During a Pandemic
For the most part, On24 is intuitive and easy to use. Their documentation/knowledge base is extremely robust and well written - much better than what most platforms offer for self-service support. There are a few items that could use further enhancement, but we were able to get them on the development road map by discussing with our rep.
2 - General marketing and operations support staff with basic knowledge of internet browsing and some very minor HTML.
Evaluating ON24 and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Vendor Reputation
The customer experience was our #1 motivator. Our webinars are an important part of our mission and if we are constantly having tech issues, they are no longer a tool for us. With On24, the reliability has always been there and the professional look/feel made it a clear choice for switching.
The event support for critical issues is night and day better than other providers. If I have a live event issue, I can reach a person instantly and they are equipped to resolve the problem. With other providers, it was waiting on hold for someone to read me the support documentation that I could read myself. On24 really delivers on customer service in all areas of the platform.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Both for our internal team and our attendees, it performs extremely well with no downtime.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Lots to learn
- The only difficult feature are the registration fields that depend on a country selection. It is time consuming to select all of the countries that the field should show for.