Overall Satisfaction with Optimizely
We utilize Optimizely to test our clients UX on the Magento platform. It is easy to install and there is a handy module for Magento that makes it easy for clients to add the snippet to their site. Optimizely is very easy to use and even better if you have jQuery knowledge. It loads fast and allows you to test many things on the site without a lot of overhead and minimal effort. If you are a savvy user it is easy to work with. If someone isn't savvy and tries to use the editor there is a risk of breaking your site. For example, if working with a product detail page template, be wary of using their WYSIWYG editor on any dynamic information like pricing. It can turn it into a static html element on the page. Overall it's a great tool that allows you to be nimble with your testing and has great reporting on the results of your test.
- Test setup is easy and doesn't take a lot of company resources.
- The impact on page speed is incredibly small.
- The results dashboard gives great insights to how your test is performing and you can track multiple goals.
- I'd like to see more tools comparable to Visual Website Optimizer (VWO). Like user recordings and in page analytics.
- If you have a dynamic area of information and edit it you pose a risk to making the page templates dynamic data static across the site. Pricing is a great example of this.
- Increased click through rates from homepages for clients.
- Improved conversion rates from product detail pages.
- Tested category pages and increased conversions.
Evaluating Optimizely and Competitors
Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled
Implement the snippet high up in the <head> so you avoid any flashing while loading the test.
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Support cares about my success
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
They provided a great detailed explanation on testing pricing using a workaround method.
It is easy to use and quickly learn. Setup is simple with the snippet and tracking is easy to interpret.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
Lots to learn