Overall Satisfaction with Parallels Remote Application Server
We started using Parallels RAS first in our company because we were dissatisfied with our Citrix installations in ours and customers' sites. We were looking for a stable remote desktop environment that was easy to manage, good value for the money, and had a pay-per-use license model for managed service providers to expand our AaaS / IaaS offering. (It is not only since COVID-19 that we know that switching to Parallels RAS was the right decision for us and for our customers.)
- Central administration for all remote desktop services (RDS, VDI, RemotePC)
- Compatibility with most 2FA solutions
- Out-of-the-box free-of-charge high-availability and load-balancing virtual appliances
- Support of nearly all client OS and devices
- HTML5 browser-based interface for clientless access where needed
- Working with local and published applications at the same time can result in window fades.
- The look and feel of the client Interface is not modern, but functional.
- Very good Return on Investment
- Extremely lower training costs for our staff
- Higher system availability for our customers
- Smaller maintenance windows
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenDesktop)
Setting up and managing Parallels RAS is extremely quick and easy. Support in the form of manufacturer support is better. In general, support for resellers is better at Parallels and easier for resellers.
Our customers benefit enormously from the simple and fast provision through cost savings in the implementation and maintenance without having to forego features.
The simple provision of the Parallels client connection is possible for every user without long familiarization. The operation of the clients is intuitive and adapted to the corresponding client operating systems.
We benefit from the diverse hypervisor support, as we can offer customers solutions based on the technologies they are already using without new investments in new technologies.
In particular, the out-of-the-box presets for the secure provision of the Parallels RAS environment have been solved well. "Free" HA load balancers virtual appliances are offered for external publication. The connection of countless 2FA solutions is easily realized.
Customer support works well with our support technicians on open tickets and above all supports beyond normal KB transmission.
Do you think Parallels Remote Application Server delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Parallels Remote Application Server's feature set?
Did Parallels Remote Application Server live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Parallels Remote Application Server go as expected?
Would you buy Parallels Remote Application Server again?
Parallels RAS is a straightforward solution for all application publishing conditions. Implementation scenarios go from public cloud data centers to private clouds to on-premises. Parallels RAS scaled from a single server to multiple farms with combined publications of RDS, VDI, RemotePC, and others as a single entry to an enterprise workspace. A solution for companies of all sizes.