Awesome product, but an even better company to work with to implement and improve it!
Overall Satisfaction with Procore
Procore is being used across our organization. It is the sole product that we utilize for project management for our operations department, and it integrates with our accounting software and is used by our accounting department as a backcheck. We have started using it to address quality control/assurance on projects, and it has helped to improve our QA/QC process as an organization. It additionally has been able to unify our processes across the organization, which was a problem prior to our use of the tools.
- Helps to create submittal logs from specs with less input from PMs.
- Helps to label and organize uploaded plans and specs without a lot of input from PMs.
- Tracks changes in commitments (subs and purchase orders).
- Works with clients to customize.
- Responsiveness to improvement suggestions from clients.
- Involves end users in planning for future product rollouts and tool improvements.
- The mobile app is easy to use.
- The photos tool needs to be able to link photos across almost all tools from within the tool directly.
Procore is easier to use than the competition. It is built for intuitive use and not needing a lot of training for end users. It does all of the things it promises to do, including accounting, but doesn't seem to be an accounting software tweaked for project management. Their development and training teams are responsive and helpful and are in fact looking for feedback, not trying to ignore it. They don't believe that they have a perfect product, which means that they are in the business of improving. There is not any comparison.
We have absolutely benefited, by engaging our architects in the submittal approval process and our owners as well. This allows for seamless material procurement. Collaboration with the meetings, documents, and emails tool is easy and creates a reliable project record, which is incredibly important in the business. It is also easy to navigate; you don't spend a lot of time searching.
- Saved time.
- Increased productivity.
- Uniformity in processes and procedures across operations.
- Provides a backcheck of accounting accuracy because of integration with accounting software.
- Ensure information is accessible and up to date
- Document job site conditions
- Report on incidents and inspections
- Identify job site risks
- Track cost impacts from the field
- Streamline financial reporting
All of the modules and tools play a role in our documentation goals. They are a great and streamlined tool to use. The safety and quality "field tools" help ID risks in the field, and the use of the observations tool has enabled our team to communicate these risks and train the responsible parties to mitigate them. The construction financials tool helps to track cost impacts and streamline the reporting because it is all done in one place. Any time anything happens that could impact cost, it is a "change event." This alone has changed our company culture to begin tracking and assessing these things earlier and more effectively in the life of a project.
Procore is well-suited for any mid to large general contractor, subcontractor, architect or engineer. I have seen it used by smaller companies, and the only issue that I have seen arise in those instances is that some smaller companies do not have the infrastructure built to go through the implementation process.