Prophix 12 Review
Overall Satisfaction with Prophix
Prophix is being used for our financial reporting, planning/forecasting and hopefully on down the road for dashboards, detail sales reporting, etc.
The finance department is the main user of prophix, however, line departments are asked to input plan and forecast data for review and consolidation.
Prophix allows us to maintain current and historical data that was previously being handled by excel spreadsheets. Monthly consolidation of multiple entities, planning and forecasting are now done more quickly with detail and commentary that can be made part of the record.
- Financial reporting and consolidations - flexible!
- Planning and Forecasting - detail planning for headcount, capex, fixed assets, etc. and department mgrs. can input data.
- Ad Hoc Analysis - ability to slice and dice data and drill down to transaction level.
- Prophix needs to have a better interface with Excel for downloading, uploading, and analysis of data. Moving to the cloud (SaaS) and using web client solves this problem.
- Report writing with smart client has a long learning curve, web client may be better but we are just getting started with web client.
- Due to its flexibility Prophix requires dedicated training and use of consultants for implementation.
- Cost effective solution for mid-sized companies when compared with Oracle/HFM and the like.
- Time savings has allowed for less number crunching and more analysis of data.
- Variance analysis has improved due to line item details in the plan or forecast which can be compared to actual results.
We actually set up a new chart of accounts in prophix, which is different from our legacy system due to how bad it was initially set-up. We have automated the mapping and integration of data from our main system and use flat file uploads from Excel templates for consolidated entities. Automating the import of data from our main system required an investment in time and resources on initial implementation. This is not a product you can have your IT team install and set-up! Things are running smoothly now that IT does understand how the staging of data occurs. Flat file uploads from consolidated entities is quick and simple.
Do you think Prophix delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Prophix's feature set?
Did Prophix live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Prophix go as expected?
Would you buy Prophix again?
Prophix Feature Ratings
Like to use
Technical support not required
Feel nervous using
Lots to learn
- Ad Hoc reporting is a powerful tool and easy to experiment with and learn to use with minimal effort.
- The document explorer is a recognizable and easy to use file management tool for organizing data views and reporting templates.
- Security manager (administrator use) is easy to use and maintain.
- Setting up new Cubes requires complete understanding of all requirements - dimensions cannot be changed once cube is established.
- Detailed planning manager is used for personnel planning and capex, etc. when you have complex calculations for many items. This is very difficult to learn and set-up without training.
- Template studio which is used for setting up reports requires a significant investment in time and training to become proficient in its use.
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
- Implemented in-house
- Third-party professional services
Building and validating the Prophix model
Data Integration from our legacy system
Report template building
- Managing our expectations and consultant requirements and objectives so that we were on the same page was a challenge.
- Staying within the implementation budget required pulling a few strings, Prophix was very helpful in this area.
- User training was not factored into the implementation to the level it should have been.