Flash our Data
September 27, 2019
Flash our Data
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Pure Storage FlashArray
We are currently using Pure Storage FlashArray in a productive environment used to deploy core and customer services. The FlashArray is our main storage where all the time-critical application and secured data are stored. Over this duty, the FlashArray solves the day by day operation of our business bringing fast access & reliability of data.
- FlashArray provides a guaranteed R/W time to data, using the great 3D array functionality.
- FlashArray has an easy and understandable interface to overview performance and usage.
- The compression of data is great for databases and virtual machines.
- There is not much flexibility for upgrade storage capacity, they only offer in standardized sizes.
- FlashArray is helping a lot with the recurrent cost of operation. It's a very compact unit, using less space & power consumption than equivalents solutions.
HPe 3PAR is a product that tries to emulate the R/W delays times but based on standard technology. The difference for a solution natively built in all-flash technology is way better.
FlashArray is well suited for time-critical applications where the reading & writing of data is time-critical for the performance. Also, the compression of data is nicely developed. I will not recommend the use of FlashArray for scenarios where data backup is the only purpose. It can surely be done but will not be a cost-effective solution.
Pure Storage FlashArray Feature Ratings
Pure Storage FlashArray Support
Problems get solved
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - A good support should answer and reply to the bugs or known issues.
One time our engineers where working at datacenter. One of them accidentally disconnected one of the power supply cables. Pure Storage support immediately contacted us to report the issue, that demonstrated us that they take it very seriously and monitor every corner of the FlashArray, even an issue like this. Very proactive and always attentive.