Overall Satisfaction with Raiser's Edge NXT
We are using NXT across the whole organization to support development, volunteering and events. We have staff and volunteers acessing the system based on a fairly complex matrix of security groupings. A few people are trained for across the board access and many more to complete various specidic tasks.
- The interconnectedness of the electronic communication and online gift giving options has reduced data entry hours in a big way.
- Assistance with Analytics and regular address checks keep the data correct and productive
- Online hosting has saved our IT department many heachaches especially when local servers went down.
- We used a third party vender to make events possible but switching everything event related to RE NXT was a huge relief. Less duplication, better income, better reporting and much less stress.
- I think the email receipts could be improved - both the automatic sends in response to online gifts and the ones generated via Mail functions.
- Sometimes our donor credit cards are refused even though they will go through when we try via another gateway
- To use the Tribute module we end up adding deceased individuals as constituents - which is unhelpful for us.
- Not having the ability to send iCards is a significant drawback for Tribute donations. I am sure Blackbaud is working on it but it should already be available.
- I'd like to see more peer2peer opportunity in the software rather than having to add additional products.
- Operational Efficiency
- Increased revenue from new donors
- Increased revenue from existing donors
- Reduced IT expenditure due to cloud deployment
NXT has saved us considerable money and time. We no longer have a range of third party add-ons. We are building a big donor drive in the fall based on Analytic results and are doing better stewardship of new donors. Our IT department probably gives us 1 hour a month rather than 15 hours in the past.
I am alway ready to hear about benchmarks and best practices from Blackbaud. I use the information frequently when making presentations to my boss and the board. I can alwasy find quality information and ideas.
I was forced to use an Oracle based service in one job and hated it. I am a devoted RE user.
Absolutley love the options for moving the organzation forward to better online and electronic communication, gifts and receipting. In addition RE NXT is continually being updated and an organization won't ever grow out of this platform unlike some other brands' offerings.
Raiser's Edge NXT Training
As long as you don't try to take in too much at one go training is professional, well organized and easy to accesss.
Unless you are a database genius you need basic training to be able to launch a self training regime! Training can be selected on a specific topic or in general. I asked staff members to learn the basics then champion a certain module - Event staff "owned" the event module even if they never learned how to enter a gift. But, once set up, event staff could do what they needed without having to wait for reports or anything else.