November 12, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Sage Intacct
We provide outsourced account services to a number of clients, some of which are on the Sage Intacct platform. We utilize it mainly for multi-entity and revenue recognition purposes although we hope to implement more of the modules that Intacct has to offer. The controller of our firm also uses Sage Intacct, however I do not have much insight into her processes.
- It is a very robust platform
- The dashboards are very useful and highly customizable
- It offers a number of modules/add ons to help with unique accounting scenarios
- They provide very little resources to train you on the software
- They are quick to charge you to backwards engineer any mistakes that are made
- The custom report building is incredibly laborious
- Sage Intacct has saved us time with our clients that require revenue recognition
- Sage Intacct gives us another accounting platform to offer clients who do not prefer QuickBooks
- Sage Intacct helps us tailor our services towards the needs of our clients
We have been able to save a tremendous amount of time by utilizing many of the automated modules - Especially the revenue recognition and fixed assets modules. We also utilize the import templates to help with data entry. We are looking into implementing more of the modules offered by Sage Intact.
Unfortunately, we have not yet implemented any of the modules mentioned above. However, we do plan to begin starting to utilize some of these as we become more familiar with them.
I have an IT department who handles all of the integration for me, so I cannot really weigh in on this. Thus my middle of the road rating.
We mainly utilize QuickBooks products. I have found Sage to be more robust but less user friendly. It takes quite some time to get used to all of the different functionalities and nuances of Sage Intacct. However, once you get the hang of it, it's a pretty good software with many capabilities.
I am very likely to recommend Sage Intacct as it has many capabilities to suit most needs. However, I am cautious to let anybody work in the platform without having adequate training, as there are many nuances to recording and reporting that I have had to learn about the hard way i.e. getting Intacct to reverse very subtle mistakes (checking the wrong box and throwing off months worth of revenue recognition schedules) etc.