Overall Satisfaction with SAP Commerce Cloud
We moved all the client implementations from on-premise to cloud and have realized the ease of use of the software over the conventional one. Apart from ease in deployment and a cleaner structure of storefront, back office, and hac, this also gives Kibana based tracking of the logs and APM using Dynatrace.
- Setting up environment specific variables
- Isolating and monitoring server
- Cleaner separation between different servers
- build pipeline customization
- access related issues
- troubleshooting without SAP intervention
- For my clients, it has streamlined the costs incurred in their IT infra as using SAP Commerce Cloud requires a lesser upfront setup
- Due to flexibility in SAP Commerce Cloud, another client was able to scale up their operations and ended up with 5x of orders in the pandemic
There is still huge scope in branding and personalization, but in all the other aspects of the eCommerce solution, the SAP Commerce Cloud wins hands down and is able to provide a robust and reliable solution that can be customized as per the customer demands while adhering to the same industry standards that promote cleaner and resilient code for meeting both the current as well as future demands.
The SAP Commerce Cloud provides with flexibility in the integration as it allows for both the out-of-the-box integrations as well as custom REST and SOAP-based integrations.
This is more customizable than its competitors and is much more customizable and possesses greater flexibility as well as a multi-channel environment for flexibility in its delivery. It comes with Out of The Box setup for B2B, B2C, Telecom, Utility, Marketplace, and Chinese-based accelerators that quickly enable us to have a fully grown eCommerce system at our disposal.
Do you think SAP Commerce Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SAP Commerce Cloud's feature set?
Did SAP Commerce Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SAP Commerce Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy SAP Commerce Cloud again?
It's best suited for existing applications built on Hybris (SAP CX) and can easily be used by the addition of a deployment descriptor that also houses environment-specific variables. However, for an application from scratch, it is not readily available from the cloud storage that users can simply clone and start using it. Not having an online marketplace like store to add various OOTB components is a big miss in my opinion.
SAP Commerce Cloud Feature Ratings
Using SAP Commerce Cloud
1000 - Development and architecture of the application to modify as per client needs and also introduce new features. Apart from development, there is also the support and management of the existing applications and upgrading the underlying hybris commerce version as per industry rollout and to apply the latest security fixes.
100 - Java development with full stack developers having proficiency in angularJS and having knowledge in SAP commerce cloud operations. In addition to this, the system maintainers also have functional knowledge of the commerce cloud tools like the HAC and Backoffice to support the day to day activities. In addition to this, the support team also have access to jira, kibana and performance monitoring tools.
- Ecommerce platform for wide variety of applications
- Supply chain operations for larger organizations
- Capable of having support for various integrations and change management of different systems
- Use of ASM functionality to address customer call center operations
- Utilize the application with IVR or sms based actions from users
- having a omni-channel or multitouch point for the commerce application
- Utilize its REST based OCC layer to further integrate more applications
- Integrate AI based suggestions for cross-sell or upsell to the users