Overall Satisfaction with SAP Crystal Reports
We build templates for our clients for our Commercial Off The Shelve (COTS) web application and use ODBC connection to connect to the database. The templates are mostly forms and reports used by the organization's industrial security department. These reports can be presented to DSS or higher management. The government form templates can be shared across other government agencies.
- Design interface is good. Better than Jasper Reports.
- Sorting and Grouping is very easy.
- Slightly similar to old MS Office interface for choosing font types and colors, etc.
- The design studio needs to be more flexible.
- The crystal functions need to be a little bit more comprehensive.
- We should be able to build and store Crystal functions of our own for future use rather than building them per report.
SAP Crystal Reports design interface or design studio is much better than Jaspersoft Reports design studio. The ODBC connection and drag drop feature of column names to include on the report makes the user interface much friendly. I can view my final SQL including joins and groupings and sortings if I need to query in my database directly.