Overall Satisfaction with ScreenConnect
ScreenConnect is used primarily for me and my assistant to remote in to about a dozen computers that control our automation software for our broadcast facilities. This allows us to access all computers from one at the facility or to access them from another location
- Allows me to instantly see if any computers are offline. This allows me to know whether there is a network, internet, or computer problem.
- Access multiple computers in one instance. Sometimes actions need to take place on multiple machines at the same time or nearly the same time. This ability allows me to accomplish this task.
- File transfer. Downloading media files and transferring them to on-air machines are daily functions we do. The file transfer application accomplishes this task very nicely.
- ScreenConnect just works. Being able to remote in to our machines is sometimes a convenience, but often a necessity. A reliable product is key for us. It needs to work when we need to use it. ScreenConnect has been 100% reliable for us so far.
- Accessing computers through browser. I'd like to see ScreenConnect have its own app. Having to use a browser is not as convenient.
- Dashboard layout. Scrolling through my computers in the top-half window feels clunky to me. I'd rather seem them listed in a frame that takes up the entire height of the browser screen.
- Simply can't come up with a third area of improvement. Sorry.
- Reliably able to remotely ensure advertising runs as scheduled. Crucial to my business.
- Good value. Not the cheapest on the market, but not priced above our budget.
- Saves time. If we were not able to use a product like ScreenConnect our operations would take much longer to do.