Shoretel VOIP review
Updated February 25, 2015
Shoretel VOIP review
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ShoreTel VOIP
ShoreTel is used by the entire organization. It addressed a problem with poor desk phone usage and integration in Outlook. We had an old non-VOIP system, and were looking for a newer system. ShoreTel met our needs and is very easy to administer. We are extremely happy with the decision to use ShoreTel.
- Easy Administration. Many other systems we reviewed were particularly difficult to administer.
- Lowest total cost of ownership. Other systems' total cost of purchase and maintenance were extremely high.
- Wonderful phone sound quality. We were able to evaluate many different units, and were most satisfied with the sound of the ShoreTel units.
- I think that ShTel's conference room phones could use some work. I think they mentioned that they were coming out with a new unit, but the ones we tested were not acceptable to us.
- We also hope that ShoreTel comes out with a system which works with SIP.
- Increased employee efficiency.
- Improved integration with Outlook and using Smartphones to listen to voicemail.
- Better customer service, in that we were able to respond to their needs more quickly when attorneys were out of the office.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager,Avaya,Siemens Enterprise Communications
Both Cisco and Avaya were evaluated by our firm. We carefully reviewed their documentation, went to demos for all three, and talked to several references. We chose ShoreTel due to lower initial costs, lower maintenance costs, colleague reviews and our testing of their product. We were extremely happy with our decision, and have recommended ShoreTel to several other firms in our space.
Shoretel is best suited for small to medium sized implementations, under about 3,000 units. We were using roughly 250 units, in various offices. It was a spectacular implementation, one which for various reasons had to be implemented within 2 months, from the knowledge that we had to do it, to completion. We were able to complete the installation within the time frame required.
Using ShoreTel VOIP
We are extremely happy with our decision. ShoreTel works very well for us, and works within our parameters. We will, of course evaluate it against other systems when it comes time to replace it, but it is very difficult to see how we would change, given how well it currently works.