September 19, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Skype
Skype is being used by multiple departments within the organization. The main use for Skype is communication between team members and for internal conversations among teams. It's convenient and quick to find and contact partners within the teams and company.
- Chat interface is very simple and easy to work with.
- Video call quality is usually stable, with minor failures.
- Easily integrates with the company Outlook mailing list, where all team members are easily found.
- Group chat is not that flexible, so it's not able to compete with similar tools like Slack for example.
- Performance is not amazing, it may be slow at times.
- Although the interface is simple, it has room for improvement since it looks outdated.
- Positive - Easy to search for and find colleagues.
- Negative - Because of the rigid interface, sometimes I have to switch to another tool to take more complex audio calls.
- Scheduling is not flexible and I am not able to set future calls in email invites.
Do you think Skype delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Skype's feature set?
Did Skype live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Skype go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Skype again?