Overall Satisfaction with Splashtop
I have about 500 clients that use my software (POS) across the USA. I do support for the software by remotely connecting (Splashtop SOS) to the Clients PC and do training, maintenance, support, debugging, etc. My clients like the security of knowing that I can ONLY access their pc with their interaction. I also access my Business server which houses EVERYTHING about my business, I do this with the unattended access tool. Normally I am networked to my Business server, but occasionally, when traveling, I need remote access. Recently, I was traveling to Portugal for a short time but was denied access back into the USA because I tested positive for Covid. Luckily I had remote access to my Business server, so I was able to continue working throughout the isolation period. Basically, Splashtop's unattended access tool saved me 10 days of work I would have missed. Thanks, Splashtop.
- Great Remote support (SOS)
- Secure unattended access tool, I don't worry about open RDP ports
- Ability to customize the sos client tool.
- The SOS client customization is a little backward, I think, because it asks the customer if they trust me, the guy who customized the tool. My client knows and trusts me, they never heard of Splashtop, so the question confuses them.
- I used RDP in the past and was getting port scanned and attempted breaches all the time. This does not require an open port so the security is tighter.
I used to use the UltraVNC help tool, but it was a bother to setup and deploy, required open ports on each support tech's machine, whic was a security risk. Splashtop is more robust security wise as it doe not require open ports.
I got up and running in a matter of 5 minutes. Easy to setup and easy to deploy.
Yes - I used to use the UltraVNC help tool, but it was a bother to setup and deploy, required open ports on each support tech's machine, whic was a security risk. Splashtop is more robust security wise as it doe not require open ports.
Do you think Splashtop delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Splashtop's feature set?
Did Splashtop live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Splashtop go as expected?
Would you buy Splashtop again?