Overall Satisfaction with Splashtop Enterprise
We (IT department) use it for unattended access to all of our desktops and servers. We are only a two-person department (including myself) supporting ~120 users throughout 9 geographically separated offices. We would be constantly running between offices without it. During the pandemic, it enable[d] everyone to transition to WFH without having to invest in extra VPN licenses or computer hardware. I was able to allow users to use their own computers without having to worry that their devices might not be up-to-date or have adequate anti-virus/endpoint protection installed.
- Feature set - Does everything LMI central does
- The price is 1/3 of LMI central
- Works well even with slow internet connections. My home internet connection is very slow, but I'm still able to manage the computers on my domain with little or no lag.
- The graduation of numbers of computers could be more granular. It starts at 25, then 50, 100 then jumps to 250. I have ~125 computers I manage. It would be nice if after 100 they had options for 150, 200, 250 etc. It's an understandably big jump in price to go from 100 computers to 250. Price per computer is very reasonable and I believe the increase in price to increase the number of computers from 100 to 250 is double (not 150%), but still 1/3 of what LGI charges.
- Unattended access
- Ability to add users at no extra cost
- Once again, 1/3 the cost of LMI.
- Ability to provide remote access to individual users and granular control over the computers they can access from the web console. I can create a user account and give them access to 1 or 100 computers in a matter of minutes. To do this with LGI required logging in to the users machine with local admin credentials and configuring some esoteric settings locally for every machine they needed access to.
Do you think Splashtop delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Splashtop's feature set?
Did Splashtop live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Splashtop go as expected?
Would you buy Splashtop again?
Not only does it give you unattended access to all of your computers, but you can schedule actions for just one computer or all of your computers and every combination in between to take place at whatever time day or night you choose. Actions such as Windows updates, reboots, etc. You can transfer files to remote computers without having to open a full remote session. The client and streamers works well on both Windows and Mac.
Using Splashtop Enterprise
35 - All departments/facets of government including Finance, Administration, Prosecutor's office.