December 02, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
We use Munis to manage departmental budgets and provide current information on year-to-date expenditures. We also use Munis to create and approve purchase orders and track expenses in each budget category. The Finance Department creates monthly reports for each department to track year-to-date expenditures to identify any potential budget issues before they arise.
- Manages the process for submitting purchase orders
- Keeps track of year-to-date expenditures
- Provides historical budget data to allow for comparisons from previous years.
- Submitting a purchase order requires lots of tabbing through fields
- The product has lots of features, but they require additional training to understand how to use
- Generating reports can sometimes be difficult
Read Todd McGee's full review
Munis is really good for managing a complex budget like a county government or other governmental entity with a large budget. It allows you to create line items by department and provide for consistency through departments in terms of identifying common functions, etc. I like that it is web-based and can be accessed from remote locations.