Reviews (1-5 of 5)
April 16, 2019
It is used mainly in the IT and software development departments. It is used to help IT and the software development team to access their PCs remotely from home to fix client's problems or implement fixes.
- I can register more than one PC to log in any time and at any place
- Very good performance
- You can secure your screen using the black screen, so when connected remotely, no one can see your screen.
- Very expensive
- Requires a very strong internet connection to feel stable
- Didn't detect the CTrl+alt+del from the keyboard, as it has its own
Read Hesham Gomaa Elmasry , IBDL's full review
It is very useful to connect from home to the work PC to connect to internal servers and solve client's problems; also some colleagues send me a link to connect to their PCs to support them for technical problems. Also it is useful to connect to my home PC from work to download files not published.
If your internet speed is weak, you'll face a hard times connecting to your PC.
If your internet speed is weak, you'll face a hard times connecting to your PC.
March 07, 2018
LogMeIn Pro is used by the company I work for to access clients' servers. LogMeIn Pro is accessible to all areas of our department and we primarily use it for troubleshooting the software service we provide to our clients. We need to access the server using LogMeIn Pro and determine the issues that come up and resolve them so our clients can get back to their daily tasks. Moreover, LogMeIn Pro provides a secure connection to access our clients data. Most of the time we have to test updates on our software and use the confidential data to accurately determine if the issue has been resolved. We solve a lot business problems using LogMeIn Pro. In the end, our users become experts in using LogMeIn Pro which they can use in the future for their personal use, too.
- Fast and reliable-- LogMeIn Pro you can access the remote server within a minute or so, and it is always reliable to use. There is no downtime. The initial login process is very fast and simple to use.
- Two ways to access LogMeIn Pro-- You can access LogMeIn Pro via a web URL link, and download the LogMeIn Pro app whichever way is easier for user to access. I personally download the app on my PC.
- LogMeIn Pro is a clear and simple UI that is easier to navigate through. The ability to capture screenshots, records sessions, file transfer and much more is very similar to other remote desktop connection softwares.
- LastPass-- LogMeIn Pro offers a feature that no other remote desktop app out there offers which is LastPass. You get an yearly license depending on which package you choose. LastPass is pretty much all the solutions to store passwords, sync passwords to other devices, and a password generator.
- LogMeIn Pro lacks performance when it comes to Macs. I have a personal MacBook pro and I often want to use LogMeIn Pro, but cannot due to connections issues. For example, when I log into LogMeIn Pro using my Mac, my connection is solid for only 5 mins and then it just drops. But, using a Windows PC, my connection is stable for a longer duration of my session. My clients have Windows PCs for the most part, but just a few have Macs and remote into their PC the connection. I can notice that it is not as stable as Windows PCs are. I would recommend that LogMeIn Pro engineers focus on their underlying base code to make the software stable for Macs.
- LogMeIn Pro is expensive-- For individuals and tech savvy folks who want to have their own LogMeIn Pro for their personal use, it will put a dent in your wallets. Their base cost starts off at upwards of $800 per year. For small business such as the company I work for, we have an yearly license which costs around 2k for up to 10 PCs . I would like LogMeIn Pro to have a "free" version where users can still use LogMeIn Pro but with limited features. Even if they limit the bandwidth I think it would work.
Read YagneshKumar Patel's full review
LogMeIn Pro is well suited for users who want to access a remote desktop to transfer files, troubleshoot server issues, and much more. LogMeIn Pro is very helpful in the corporate world where data transmits though servers from one connection to another. To keep those servers running at optimal capacity, there is always a need to access remote servers using a software like LogMeIn Pro. All in all, LogMeIn Pro is useful to users who need that connection to a remote desktop/server.
September 28, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
We were using LogMeIn Pro to access client systems. We used it so that our technicians could connect to a computer and install software/hardware and correct issues.
- Ease of use on the web
- Ease of use with the desktop app
- Ability to reboot system remotely when needed
- Pricing has changed dramatically
- New plans offer things that most technicians do not want
- Make it easier to upload and download files to controlled systems.
Read Rob Battaglia's full review
While LogMeIn is well suited to technicians who need to remotely access client systems. The change in the pricing has caused a lot of people in my industry to look for alternatives. Most of us want access to remote computers and don't need cloud storage, etc.
September 15, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
I personally use LogMeIn Pro to remotely access my office PC. This allows me to easily access my programs and files that are on the office internal network without having a VPN setup. It allows me to just stop whatever I am doing when it is time to leave the office and remotely connect to complete the task. I do not have to close programs and open them remotely. I like the ease of connection. You do not have to jump through hoops to connect.
- Ease of connection. You can use their web login and connection through there. You can also install the client app and connect via it. Easy and fast.
- Remote Control is fantastic. It scales the screens great. There is no lag in the screen refreshes.
- Remote printing is good. You can be working on your PC at the office via LogMeIn and print to your local PC at your current location with ease.
- Need easier and better file transfers.
Read Tresha Ivey's full review
It suits my users well for remote control back to office PC's. We work a lot after hours and weekends and it saves us from having to drive to the office. It is not useful for client level support. Client's do not want it installed all the time. We use other applications for remote client support that we can spawn instances on the fly and is easy for client connection.
May 24, 2017
We currently use LogMeIn Pro to allow remote users to log into a secure desktop where our accounting software and data files are stored (QuickBooks Desktop). This allows remote users to work with data stored on our main server, helping to prevent any discrepancies. Previously we used QuickBooks Online, which allowed users to log into the system from anywhere. As this software option was limited in functionality and available features, we moved to the Desktop application. Although more comprehensive, accessibility became a small issue. LogMeIn Pro has resolved this, to an extent.
- Initial setup is user friendly and intuitive. Just follow the steps.
- Setting up user accounts and applicable access restrictions is very simple. Reviewing these at a glance is just as clear.
- Once you're in, you're in! You are able to work on the remote destination without issue, all the way up to linking to network printers and local printers.
- You can always see who is logged into which destination, audit their activity and, if needed, end or monitor their session.
- You can set the security features in LogMeIn Pro up to notify the Admin user of an array of events, including login attempts (both successful and unsuccessful) and login attempted using invalid credentials. Very secure.
- LogMeIn Pro allows only one user to control the remote destination at a time. If more than one user needs to access/control the same destination, they can share the session (visibility to both parties), or will need to wait till the prior user is logged out for a more secure session. Being able to log in and use the same destination at the same time, initiating unique sessions would be ideal. (Similar to VPN.)
- Ability to override or default session settings for security, for example blanking the remote monitor (or not), recording a session, or changing access while the user is in-session. This would allow an administrator or manager to more closely audit activity.
- Provide a one-click logout+disconnect. Right now, users must disconnect their session before exiting LogMeIn Pro. If their session is not first disconnected and the user simply exits or logs out of LogMeIn Pro, the session may remain active, without disconnecting. This would show as an active session, even if the user is technically no longer using the remote destination.
- More detailed audit information. What application did the user access while connected to the remote destination? Was the session shared with anyone else?
Read Danielle Vink's full review
GREAT application for shared sessions, presentations and single users. Very easy to set up and use. Very clear to see what's going on at a glance. Good audit reporting and secure access restrictions. Crisp and clear connection, with rare and minimal delays. If you can get online and the remote destination is connected to the internet and online, you're good to go. A bit more of a challenge for multi-user organizations, where user activity on the same remote destination cannot be shared, needs to happen at the same time or should otherwise be more secure. This will only work when users are able to use the connection at different times.