Accessible and easy to use
November 07, 2019
Accessible and easy to use
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SpyFu
SpyFu is mainly used by our paid media department and SEO department for competitive research. However, it is also a great tool for us to better understand how search engines are perceiving our clients' sites and marketing initiatives and allows us to have a better understanding of the digital marketing landscape.
- Affordable price point compared to other similar tools.
- An easy-to-use interface that makes it accessible to most of our employees regardless of experience level.
- Strong information for us to reference in our marketing research.
- SpyFu's data could possibly be a little more specific; compared to some other similar platforms, it's slightly simplistic.
- SpyFu could consider providing more competitor information outside of search, and delve into other platforms like social, as this data is becoming more widely available.
- SpyFu's user interface - while easy to navigate - also takes away a lot of customizations and levers you might be able to pull in other platforms.
- SpyFu has had a fairly neutral ROI for our business, as it is fairly cost-effective, but doesn't necessarily provide us with significant returns.
- SpyFu is nice to have, and I recommend using it - even if just the free version; you really can't lose anything.
- There are other tools out there similar to SpyFu, but if you haven't tried them yet, SpyFu can be a nice, cost-effective place to get started.
SpyFu is definitely a lower-cost, more simplistic, easier-to-use, less robust tool compared to SEMRush. However, they provide similar information in similar ways. I would say for the serious, large business looking to invest in a hardy tool, SEMRush is great. For the smaller business looking to dip their toes in the pool of digital marketing research possibilities, SpyFu is a great place to start.
I rated the support as neutral, due to the fact that I have not yet needed to reach out to SpyFu's support for any issues in my experience with the platform, therefore I do not have a solid way to rate their support.
Do you think SpyFu delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SpyFu's feature set?
Did SpyFu live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SpyFu go as expected?
Would you buy SpyFu again?
SpyFu has a very friendly user interface that is easy to navigate, it has a lower price entry point which is great for smaller businesses like ours, and it does provide the basic data we need for our digital marketing research from both an SEO and paid media perspective. However, there are a few things that get sacrificed with these benefits; the data is not as robust as other platforms, the user interface is not a bit over-simplistic and not as customizable, and you're definitely getting a bit less when you pay a bit less.