Tailwinds will blow you away!
November 21, 2019
Tailwinds will blow you away!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Tailwind
Tailwind is currently being used by my companies marketing, design and public relations teams. At this time it is benefiting the whole organization but not used by the whole organization. This software is mostly beneficial for planning, tracking and evaluating progress for posts on Instagram and pins on Pinterest. This software address the issue of posting scheduled pins to Pinterest, which for a long time was not an option with other scheduling sites.
- The scheduling algorithm it uses to give Pinterest posts the best exposure is one of my favorite tools to use.
- The weekly summary is great, It's nice to see front and center how many new followers you have each week.
- The sidebar of your "most followed boards" is nice as well as it shows what your engagement is on those boards so you know right when you log in what is working well for you.
- The Pin Inspector feature helps you as a creator put into perspective what is working across the board. It helps to let you know if you are standing out or if you are one of the many succeedings in your niche.
- I personally don't like or use the "Tribes" section. I understand why some may like it but to me, I don't find collaboration with niche, like-minded people to be very helpful or inspiring.
- Just recently Tailwind has expanded to include Instagram as a platform to post and right now there just seems to be a fair amount of kinks that they are working through. I imagine it will get better and smooth out over time but as of now, it is still in beta mode.
- At this time you can see blog insights, utilize Instagram and Pinterest but those are the only platforms they offer. If you are looking for an all-included platform manager this might not be the best platform for you.
7 - At this time we have 7 people who contribute to the creation of our social media. They represent public relations, marketing, and graphic design. Additionally, we have an HR representative who monitors and creates additional "boss babe" content for professional themed posts.
- The ability to schedule out posts ahead of time, especially for the evening time when no one is on the clock is worth the cost of the program!
- Since we are a small company we only pay the lowest rate and you just can't beat it! To have a platform that thinks and can manage for you has been worth the investment.
- The only negative is that the platforms you can post to are limited so if you want to schedule to multiple other platforms you can't do it all from one and would have to buy another software.
For marketing professionals who incorporate a blog or creative/fun elements in their company and brand Tailwind is an excellent platform to use for managing Pinterest and Instagram. If your brand would not come across well on Pinterest then I would suggest not using this software for Instagram only.