TOPdesk is Top Notch
January 19, 2018
TOPdesk is Top Notch
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TOPdesk
I have found TOPdesk support across the board to be tremendous. Beginning with our pre-sale communication, deployment management, initial training, and post-deployment support - all of it has been great.
We currently use TOPdesk as our IT Service Desk ticketing solution. We were looking for a solution that would allow our employees to submit, manage, and review their IT requests from any location. TOPdesk provided flexibility with the configuration and customization on a modular hosted platform. We don't have to worry about server maintenance and upgrades either. Next steps are improved asset management and workflow automation through change management. Additionally, we are looking at expanding the ticketing capabilities to other support areas outside of the IT department.
30 - We have 30 IT staff that all utilize the TOPdesk currently. The primary use is by our service desk, but it also includes network and server administrators. The entire workforce has access to submit and manage requests within our organization.
- The greatest win for our organization was moving to a managed hosted platform. This gave us improved access for our remote users and increased service availability.
- The modular nature of the TOPdesk products allows us to only use the features we need. Additionally, the license model gave us increased opportunity with who can use the products.
- Almost all aspects of the product are customizable which means we can expand the product to other departments for their service needs.
- Sometimes desired feature sets are only available with additional modules such as change management module for workflow automation.
- Process automation can be the trickiest to configure and self-help documentation can be lacking.
- The quickest gain that we realized was reduced cost from our previous solution in terms of service contracts and on-premise infrastructure costs.
- Additional gains are also found in standard solution management and service disruption notification. We now have a company dashboard that can inform employees about any large or small service issues.
- Improved reporting has also allowed the department to focus resources where there are greater needs and monitor costs of service.
TOPdesk is well suited for the medium-sized enterprise that wants to have a customizable solution for their service management. It is fairly scalable and intuitive to use. Some system administration is necessary, but minimal end-user training is needed. Every once in a while you find a limitation with a process where better automation is desired, but usually, those can be addressed by TOPdesk support services.