Overall Satisfaction with Vidyard
Our Marketing department uses Vidyard to host all our videos. This ranges from product demos and overviews, to recorded webinars and company interviews. We also use Vidyard to play looping GIF-like background videos. Vidyard makes it easy to manage all our videos on our website and on landing pages via email campaigns. Before Vidyard we used Youtube and that had too many limitations.
- Analytics - I like to see how many people have watch a video, where, and for how long. This is great data for future videos and how we use them.
- Events - Events allow you to add more to your videos such as forms, links, pop outs and more to engage even more with the viewer and for us ultimately get them to contact us to learn more.
- Sharing/Embedding - After I finish uploading a video and configuring the player Vidyard makes it easy to share the embed code for adding to our website. I like the control of adding variables to the code such as setting the default play quality (1080p).
- Inline Embed Code - We have a very responsive website and for some reason the embed code that Vidyard provides won't work well with our site. Things are unaligned or don't show up at all. To get around this we have to use the Lightbox embed code, which is fine, but it would be nice if they had a better solution for sites like ours that don't play nice with their code.
- Filters - There should be an option to set a Filter globally and it's set the next time I log in. Currently I have to reapply a filter every time I log in and to every video in order to get the accurate reporting I need. Mainly excluding my views and my co-workers views.
- The only positive so far is we are able to see how many people interact with our videos. This is a big positive for our marketing team. We have not measured video ROI yet.
Vidyard was the first video platform that reached out to our business (or at least got my attention). They sent us personalized videos that have our name embedded in the video. We plan to work with them in the future on the same type of campaigns.
Do you think Vidyard delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Vidyard's feature set?
Did Vidyard live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Vidyard go as expected?
Would you buy Vidyard again?
I think overall Vidyard is a great product and I would recommend them to any small to mid-size business. I would assume larger/enterprise size businesses would require a lot more reporting options. Vidyard is perfect if you are looking at an alternative to hosting all your videos on Youtube and want to cleanly display them all on your website.
Vidyard Feature Ratings
- We can style the video player with our won branding
- Video analytics
- Personalization options and actions
- Easy to use
- We were able to use short video clips and play them as looping background GIF-like videos
- We did a mock-live user conference for our customers
Evaluating Vidyard and Competitors
Yes - We were using Youtube before and did not have enough control or ability to brand the player as we wanted. We also did not want Youtube's related videos to display at the end of watching one of our videos.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
We were wowed my the personalization features and overall ease of use.
It's pretty straightforward. The bulk of the work goes on outside of Vidyard - it's the time required to add different videos to your website - that was probably the only difficult part and had nothing to do with Vidyard.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Need to explain problems multiple times
I am not aware of a premium support feature, so my assumption is we did not purchase that, or it's possible it was not available at the time we purchased.
Our success managers have always provided us with exceptional support or assisted with handing off any issue to the technical support team. No complaints at all!
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
- Configuring events can be tricky - the timing is a little hard to figure out and the editing the look of the event could use a lot of help.
- Filters need an option to be globally set and always remain enabled even after log out.
- Duplicating - When duplicating players it is set to automatically duplicate the video, when there is no need. This option should be off by default. Our account is only up to 50 videos so we don't need any wasted entries when they weren't specifically needed.