Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard Network Security
We utilize Watchguard firewall products across all of our entities. After working with multiple competitor offerings in other positions, I enjoy the approach that WatchGuard utilizes with Systems Manager. Creating firewall policies and making configuration changes is straightforward and a breeze compared to other competitors. I'm also a huge fan of the trade in program that ensures we are always on current hardware.
- Ease of management with the Systems Manager tool.
- Customer loyalty programs for hardware upgrades.
- Top-notch security features.
- Continue to make the web GUI more powerful.
- Clear up the redundancy of management tools.
- WatchGuard is essential in providing constant VPN connections between locations.
- We utilize WatchGuard's network failover solution for constant connection to internet providers. This is critical as we cloud host multiple mission-critical systems.
We work with Virtual Graffiti. Steven has been fantastic at taking over our account as the previous reseller had gone out of business.
Early on, I had no training on Watchguard coming into this position. I had experience with multiple other enterprise level firewall companies. However, WatchGuard is managed quite differently than the rest. It took me a bit of time to figure out the workflows and tools to complete the tasks I was wanting to complete. Once I figure out that Watchguard did things differently, that ended up being the strength of the product and contributes to why I now favor it over the others.
Since taking on this role, I've implemented new WatchGuard hardware at new locations as well as hardware upgrades. Everything has gone extremely smooth and WatchGuard has a fantastic support network to help if needed.
The packaged licensing isn't something new in the world of enterprise level firewall protection. In each instance, it makes the person making the purchase decisions' life easier. You are more likely to implement something that could be overlooked when things are sold a la carte.