June 09, 2021
Manager in Finance and AccountingOil & Energy Company, 11-50 employees
Score 8 out of 10
- Expense Management
Overall Satisfaction with Webexpenses
We needed a pcard expense management application that provided sufficient complexity to maintain complex account coding parameters. This is being utilized by all pcard users in the company.
- Customization to handle multiple coding segments.
- Clear, concise, and quick responses to support questions submitted.
- Automated import of transactions from the bank.
- More fields for customization to handle more complex transactions.
- Automated integration with more accounting ERPs.
- Function to download all receipts from a claim or multiple claims at once.
- More robust search functions to identify claims.
- Provided cloud based solution for remote work and travel.
- Improvement over historic paper process.
- Helped maintain accountability with users.
Interface is easy to access through computer or phone app. The site has mostly intuitive navigation. Employees are able to have remote access to this site for remote work or travel needs. The implementation process identified our unique needs and the Webexpenses team worked diligently with us to identify customized solutions.
When utilized, support has provided quick responses with clear and concise solutions. They were able to detail the access needed, where the modify the necessary settings, and also provided recommendations for best practices how to utilize the changes needed in the situation. Support also sent follow up communication to ensure original question was addressed satisfactorily.
Webexpenses has allowed us to streamline our expense claim reporting and coding process while maintaining electronic controls and appropriate oversight. Since the system doesn't automatically submit the data to our ERP, the administrator is responsible to extract claim data, reconcile, and import into the ERP which still takes less time than manually entering claims and coding into our ERP.
The most important requirement was complex coding. Webexpenses was mostly able to meet our coding needs with the available customization, but field limitations and lack of ability to create coding rules (i.e. a project only has certain tasks and subcoding available as approved for project setup, instead of being an open list with no restrictions) are still creating manual involvement during review and oversight of this process. The next requirement of significance was being able to have automatic import of approved claims into our ERP, which is not yet available.
None. Our IT consultants were responsible for review and selection of a solution to meet our requirements.