Consider the benefits of Workday HCM to gain more controlhttps://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementWorkday Human Capital ManagementUnspecified8.33081012018-12-08T17:15:29.140Z
December 08, 2018
Consider the benefits of Workday HCM to gain more control
Score 8 out of 101
- Human Capital Management
Overall Satisfaction with Workday Human Capital Management
Workday HCM is used across the entire headquarters for over 10,000 employees for its human resources modules, including employee and demographic databases, payroll, goals development, paycheck pulldowns, paycheck history, performance management and performance reviews. It is better and cheaper than our prior ERP system and bolt on systems we previously used.
- Since it is cloud based, it does not have version control issues (e.g. get 10 years behind on versions that are no longer supported), or the need for constant upgrades. This is completed behind the scenes.
- The flexibility of Workday HCM implementation and then taking it to day to day operations was superior. You can then blow and out and start using other system cababilities when ready.
- To enter the system, we must use multi-factor authentication for additional security of employee data. A user downloads their reports and then they are shown in their archive of work transactions and history.
- To me, it did not have enough user guides or they were just lacking so you had to wing it. Sophisticated users appreciate the effort a software developer and provider has in making complete user guides. Makes it complete and comprehensive.
- I was expecting to see contact help by hovering over certain sections of the screens but did not see this, kind of surprised it was missing.
- I tried to cascade my performance goals to my team but they all duplicated, no idea why and our HR IT team could not figure it out. Appeared to be a hierarchy set up issue.
- Positive ROI, we were one of the first organizations that went with Workday HCM, and we received numerous discounts. Cloud systems are the way to go and we feel the system is stable for our growing work force.
- The user conferences have been helpful to network and learn more deepness in the modules and functionality.
- Right off the bat, our implementation costs were lower than budgeted and we had less 'billing' surprises.
Its core strengths met our functional, technical and implementation requirements, getting in early saved us money without putting it off and waiting until we HAD to select and implement. SAP doesn't stack up well and we wanted a US system. The cloud and its excellent functionality benefits for the Human Resources and Payroll departments was clear, and the users appreciate its generally good user interfaces and ease of movement within the system.
If you have many disparate systems for human resources modules, and critical payroll functions and modules, and you want to combine into one system, Workday HCM is excellent for this. The price point for a quite complete cloud computing system helps a lot, so you don't have to pay for expensive consultants to do constant implementations where the expertise is not passed on to the customer.