Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
Workfront is used for Project Management and Portfolio Management. During the past 3 years, we have increased our usage and functionality with multiple areas of the organization. It is primarily used by our Project Management Office to run our organizational projects and to optimize our portfolio and resources. Most departments within the organization have a few users that are currently utilizing Workfront.
- User friendly and easy to use for Project teams, even those without previous exposure to project management methodologies.
- Report building and customization is intuitive and easily accessible.
- The 'help' feature is easy to navigate and quick to find information.
- System administration is easy.
- Document check-in/check-out and adding new versions isn't as streamlined as other tools, such as ShareFile.
- I would like to see a start/stop feature for 'log time', similar to a stop watch.
- Understanding what each user can view or access is confusing. The licenses and access levels are confusing.
- Positive impact to productivity as we have reduced the need for email chains and meetings.
- Positive impact to the project team collaboration and overall organizational transparency.
- We have not taken a deeper dive into the workflow automation features.
I do not feel educated enough to add comments to this section, as we did not do a thorough comparison of these products. We merely looked at cost, basic info and the portfolio management features. We already had Workfront and were exploring our options.
As a project management office, the Workfront software is meeting our needs. We are hoping to get more functionality from a Research and Development perspective and an 'idea submission' perspective. It appears that this will require customization or consultant assistance.