Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
Workfront is a powerful project management tool that was utilized to help develop a number of projects including web development efforts, database updates, and outreach campaigns within a nonprofit organization. It was used by the whole organization and was quite flexible in being usable on different levels of project complexity.
- It does a good job of integrating many functions and operations.
- The reporting tools are excellent although sometimes hard to learn by some employees.
- They offer excellent customer support.
- The product can be a little expensive for some organizations.
- For new employees the product can be more challenging to learn than other similar products.
- It can be time consuming to setup the program from scratch.
- Allows greater flexibility with multiple office locations, saving technical overhead costs.
- The longer learning curve for new users can be more costly in terms of training time need than with other products.
- The complexity of the product can be both a blessing and a curse in terms of support needs.
Workfront is a really highly powerful tool that can be a bit over-matched for typical project management tools like Microsoft Project or other project management programs. It does a great job with medium to large projects with medium complexity. It helps significantly to reduce project management task redundancies.
The product works great with large, expansive projects with many participants. On the other hand, It can be a bit of an overmatch of features for small projects or smaller organizations. Its versatility is one of its greatest strengths and it does really well with software and web development projects. Its collaborative tools make it very usable with organizations with multiple remote offices working together.