Overall Satisfaction with Xactly Incent
We use Xactly Incent to calculate commission & bonus payments for our US sales team. The sales team logs in to view their monthly & quarterly details via their incentive statement. The accounting team uses it to produce monthly accruals and to send final payout amounts to payroll for processing. The finance team logs in to download the monthly data to update an attainment reporting dashboard (in PowerBI).
- Incent is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate and find the information you want even if you have never logged in before or have had no official training.
- Calculations are able to run quickly, even when data sets are large and plans are complicated with multiple criteria/rules. This is extremely important when in a time crunch and needing details ASAP!
- It is very easy to customize Incent to fit any need or want for an organization.
- My biggest issue with Incent is that I am unable to download the same details that I upload. My company has 27 additional, custom columns, that are uploaded each month. When I navigate to Results > Commissions or Credits, I am only able to download the 'standard' fields. There is no option to download the additional custom fields that were loaded.
- The Named Relationships section can be difficult to work with. It is easy to accidently load a new version of data that deletes what was previously there.
- When loading orders, there is no error that pops up if the 'Batch Name' is accidently unique for each row. Each upload should have one batch name but I have mad the mistake of accidently dragging down a number that increases with each row making each line it's own batch and making it a nightmare to delete the mistake (you must delete one by one).
- Due to the pandemic in 2020, our business exploded and by the end of the year 71% of our sales team had achieved 100%+ attainment. Our sales plans include accelerators, decelerators and annual cap payout amounts. In a normal year, maybe 1 or 2 people touch one or two of the 3 items just listed in the plans. In 2020 there were 30. There is no way I could have accurately managed this kind of movement within the timelines we have without Xactly Incent!
We are currently using the credit detail from Xactly Incent to populate a dashboard in our company's PowerBI system. Originally we built the details into Xactly Analytics but the sales team wanted additional details that were not easily provided through Analytics and the decision was made to move everything to PowerBI due to the increased flexibility.
At this time we are not using any other Xactly solutions. This is mostly due to comfort in current (older) processes but also do to the lack of knowledge of the other options. Prior to me starting in this position in 2020, there was not a dedicated commissions/Xactly person at the company.
Finance and Sales Operations both use the commissions and credit details from Xactly Incent to check against their details as well as help plan for future changes or adjustments to sales details.
The first and biggest stand out factor that Xactly has over the other two systems I have used is the user friendly aspect. The purpose of Xactly Incent for most companies is to give the sales team visibility into their details and payments. Sales people are generally on the go non stop and when you do catch them, they half listen. The fact that someone is able to go in without a bunch of direction and find the information they are looking for is huge!
Do you think Xactly Incent delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Xactly Incent's feature set?
Did Xactly Incent live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Xactly Incent go as expected?
Would you buy Xactly Incent again?
I feel that Xactly Incent is great for calculations and showing in a 'statement' like view for individuals but does not provide many options for viewing or reporting at a higher level. It's difficult to see attainment between two or more groups/positions.