Easier than QuickBooks
May 13, 2021
Easier than QuickBooks
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Xero
As an academic turned business owner, I had a really hard time learning the QuickBook system. But I was able to set up Xero and use it for all of my expense reconciliation almost immediately. Now, we use Xero for all of our companies bookkeeping, project cost tracking, and accounting activities.
- A user friendly and clean interface.
- Accounting and bookkeeping functionalities are easily accessible.
- Automatic bank and credit card feeds reduce reconciliation work time.
- Check templates don't always align with physical checks.
- Location of buttons aren't always obvious.
- Does not have as extensive [of a] list of external integration as QuickBooks.
- Significant time saving on invoicing and reconciliation.
- Allowed an owner from [a] non-business background to have [a] clear understanding of company finances.
- Could be missing out on QuickBooks' extensive functionalities.
I used QuickBoosk for years when I first started my companies. As someone who came from a science background, I struggled learning and using QuickBooks. It was never intuitive for me. Eventually, invoicing and normal bookkeeping took so much time for me that I had to outsource it to an external bookkeeping firm. They were the one that recommended that I try Xero and it was night and day for me. Now all the invoicing and bookkeeping are done in-house, which saved us significant amounts of money.
Xero has a very clean design and a pleasant, easy-to-navigate GUI. It was immediately understandable how to reconcile book charges without a tutorial. Creating and sending invoices are fairly straight forward; and financial reports are easily customizable. Xero also has a support database that gives quick solutions to most issues.
Existing Xero integrations are easy and fairly straightforward. However, not all enterprise solutions offer Xero integration. In these incidences, time consuming and technical challenging troubleshooting are required to make Xero work. Sometimes, it never worked.
Do you think Xero delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Xero's feature set?
Did Xero live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Xero go as expected?
Would you buy Xero again?
Xero is perfect for new business owner[s] and people without [an] accounting background. While having the same functions as QuickBooks, Xero has [an] intuitive, user-friendly interface, clean design, and everything can be done within two buttons. Since Xero is still relatively new in the U.S., traditional bookkeeper[s] and accountant[ing] firms are not as [familiar] with the program, so it requires some time for them to learn the new system.