Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
We are using Zoom across the whole organization. We have a couple of business accounts and use Zoom for communication with our customers and remote office teams. We use Zoom with customers to review project requirements and internal discussions. Zoom has helped us a lot with communicating with our customers and team members. We also use Zoom for screen sharing and for presentations.
- Zoom is best software for low bandwidth connections. In case internet is working slowly, Zoom can still provide a good quality meeting. I have seen Zoom work well even on slow connections.
- It has great sound quality. Even if there are a number of people from different locations, the sound quality is always good.
- One important feature of Zoom is, that it does not disconnect the meeting if organizer loses the internet connection. Zoom auto switches the organizer, which is great feature really.
- The screen sharing feature is great and it works again really well with a low internet bandwidth.
- User Interface: I think Zoom has great features but the main area where it needs improvement is the user interface. Zoom always sticks on the top of screen in the middle, so sometimes if we have to click on the header in the browser, we get stuck because of the Zoom Meeting user interface. Also sometime it is not easy to find options very easily.
- Call Out functionality: There needs to be an easier way to call out to mobile phones using Zoom's call out service. It would be really helpful to have.
- I have a Zoom app installed on my Macbook Retina, and every time I login to Zoom, I click on a setting "remember my login". But still I have to enter my username and password every time I access Zoom. I'm not sure if Zoom saved the logins but it never worked for me.
- Productive Meetings: using Zoom we almost never lose a connection even on a slow internet bandwidth and the meetings have been more productive.
- Better Screen Sharing: Zoom provides good screen sharing which has helped us with sharing important documents and information to out customers.
- Easily reachable: Zoom App does not take much time to download and everyone can easily reach to meetings. So we don't lose the meetings with the customers.
- GoToMeeting and Skype
We used GoToMeeting and Skype for meetings before we switched to Zoom. Since we started using Zoom, the meetings have gone really well. Only Zoom works great on low bandwidths but GoToMeeting and Skype do not work great for low connections. Also Skype does not work well when there are more than 2 people on the call but Zoom works great with any number of people. GoToMeeting updates are terrible and most of the times meetings get delayed because of updates, but Zoom does not have this problem.
I guess Zoom is best among available collaboration tools like WebEx, GoToMeeting etc. Zoom works with less bandwidth and still provides a great sound quality. Sending an invitation to others is very easy using Zoom. Also the Zoom app download does not take much time and people can easily join the scheduled Zoom meetings. I love using Zoom for calls.