Likelihood to Recommend
RUN is good for companies that don't have a dedicated team for payroll and human resources. Everything you need can be found within the platform, including recruiting, forms and templates. If you don't want to take the time to add employees to the system, you can simply enter their name and email and turn it over to them to enter their info. Employees have access to their check stubs and can adjust their taxes, etc. on their own, saving the employer time and overhead. I don't believe that the platform is ideal for companies who have zero experience with payroll, as I believe having a dedicated representative for questions is more beneficial in those scenarios, but anyone who has done it for a few years should find the platform ideal and user-friendly.
With how our management team is using Gusto, it appears that it's great as a tool to track payroll and allow employees to print out paystubs and other payroll documents. However, it doesn't look like it's well suited to see health insurance plan info, submit time off requests or other HR abilities.
Feature Rating Comparison
Support for external payroll vendors
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
- The key strength of ADP's Run is the simplicity of their web portal. Site navigation is easy thanks to large Icons and clearly described links. Every feature seems to be accessible within 2 to 3 clicks.
- ADP's support is very helpful. I have called in a few times and the wait is never long to reach a support rep. The support has been able to address any issues I've had in a timely manner and will stay on the line to walk through steps until I am comfortable with them.
- The sales reps are great. They did a great job of walking through the features and comparing them to my current provider. They came onsite to help with the transition to ADP, and even came to walk us through the first couple payrolls to make sure all the steps were understood.
- Gusto is very user-friendly in terms of employee onboarding - you simply enter some very basic information and the employee enters all of their personal details themselves.
- Running payroll is quite simple as well, it guides you every step of the way, and you also have the option to pause in your payroll processing and return to finish at a later time. And if you do make a mistake you can always cancel the payroll run and start over as long as you do it before the deadline.
- Setting up paid time off is quite simple and you can use Gusto not only to track paid time off but also for requesting and approving of time off as well.
- One feature that would be useful is a recall option when submitting payroll. An option to redo a payroll within 30 minutes of submitting would be a useful feature that would cut back on the chances of making a mistake.
- I don't personally like to use the tweet or Facebook share buttons. As much as our jobs are a part of our lives, I don't think it is necessary to tweet about how I 'get paid for doing what I love' . I LOVE gusto and I LOVE the fun facts in the payroll emails, I just don't want to share them!
- For some reason, our org. uses both Gusto and Zenefits. I'm pretty sure we could use just Gusto, but there must be a feature that Zenefits has that we need.
- I can't think of anything else I would improve given Gusto's current scale and the size of our organization.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 2 answers
Based on 1 answer
While Gusto does have a few flaws on the whole it is a very user-friendly software that does a great job of making a very complicated and mundane task quite easy and it is also very cost-effective. But I find that it is not a great fit for everyone and there have been a few mistakes in the payroll tax filings that have caused me and my clients some concern
I prefer Run to QuickBooks in all aspects except price. However, the quality of the ADP product is worth the premium if the customer can afford it. Run is very comparable to Workforce Now in its core function but is obviously less robust in terms of functionality.
Return on Investment
- Definitely positive. It allows me to use my time better.
- With more time on my hands, I'm able to utilize my time in a more efficient way. I'm getting more things done faster.
- I'm able to deal with more projects and help out other departments.
- It has streamlined a lot of processes for our accounting team.
- It has been a great tool for us to market to prospective employees.
- It has increased morale and happiness with its positive messaging and tone!
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
ADP RUN Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Gusto Editions & Modules
Concierge: Includes everything in the Complete plan, plus access to certified HR pros and resources so you don’t have to go it alone.
Complete: Includes everything in the Core plan, plus better HR tools so you can create a great place to work
Core: Refreshingly easy payroll so you can get back to what matters most.
1. $12 per employee/contractor
2. $6 per employee/contractor