<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.9 out of 101
Based on 60 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Small business and self-employed users with a few employees is best. It is focused on offering tools to make the requirements of running a business very friction free. No need to hire someone to manage payroll and benefits when you can just set things up quickly and Gusto was there from the start. The one thing I would say is they were immediate with their call. I signed up and as I was completing the steps, someone called my phone to ask if I ran into any issues or had any questions during my signup process.
Feature Rating Comparison
Support for external payroll vendors
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
- Easy step by step setup from signup process to the automatic payments via EFT.
- All forms and payments are done completely automated and electronically so no manual intervention. I set it up at the beginning of my first year and never looked at it until the next year when I did my taxes.
- Payroll was easy, automated and simple manage for situations like overtime, time off and one time bonus payments.
- Offering other pre tax benefits like 401K was easy to incorporate thru their partner apps.
- I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be nice if you could manage time off requests within the system.
- Again I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be great if you could see more info regarding your health insurance plan in the system. We have to login to another system to see those details.
- They send out an email every time you're paid which includes the total amount of your paycheck. This is fine, but I wish there was a way to turn off the dollar amount appearing in case I happen to open that email around someone else who I'd prefer to now share my salary with.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
While Gusto does have a few flaws on the whole it is a very user-friendly software that does a great job of making a very complicated and mundane task quite easy and it is also very cost-effective. But I find that it is not a great fit for everyone and there have been a few mistakes in the payroll tax filings that have caused me and my clients some concern
ADP Workforce Now, Paylocity are both better at more complicated payrolls, but at the expense of the overall look and experience.
Manager in SalesComputer Software Company, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Gusto Editions & Modules
Concierge: Includes everything in the Complete plan, plus access to certified HR pros and resources so you don’t have to go it alone.
Complete: Includes everything in the Core plan, plus better HR tools so you can create a great place to work
Core: Refreshingly easy payroll so you can get back to what matters most.
1. $12 per employee/contractor
2. $6 per employee/contractor