<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.5 out of 101
Based on 75 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Gusto is great for a small company environment with a very lean accounting staff because it makes payroll processing really easy. It also has a modern user interface that employees like. If you just need easy payroll processing and are good with online time sheets, Gusto is a great solution.
Feature Rating Comparison
Support for external payroll vendors
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
- Easy step by step setup from signup process to the automatic payments via EFT.
- All forms and payments are done completely automated and electronically so no manual intervention. I set it up at the beginning of my first year and never looked at it until the next year when I did my taxes.
- Payroll was easy, automated and simple manage for situations like overtime, time off and one time bonus payments.
- Offering other pre tax benefits like 401K was easy to incorporate thru their partner apps.
- I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be nice if you could manage time off requests within the system.
- Again I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be great if you could see more info regarding your health insurance plan in the system. We have to login to another system to see those details.
- They send out an email every time you're paid which includes the total amount of your paycheck. This is fine, but I wish there was a way to turn off the dollar amount appearing in case I happen to open that email around someone else who I'd prefer to now share my salary with.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
While Gusto does have a few flaws on the whole it is a very user-friendly software that does a great job of making a very complicated and mundane task quite easy and it is also very cost-effective. But I find that it is not a great fit for everyone and there have been a few mistakes in the payroll tax filings that have caused me and my clients some concern
Based on 1 answer
The UI is clean and simple. It's incredibly easy to find what you need to find, and if you can't, a quick search of their help files will direct you where you need to go about 90% of the time. For that last 10%, a support e-mail will result in a quick answer. Almost any time I try to do something new I haven't done before with Gusto, I can do it in a few minutes.
Based on 6 answers
We only had to reach out to Gusto support once, so I have a limited scope of experience here. However the response time was surprisingly fast, the answer was thorough and it solved our problems immediately. You never hope you need to use support, but if you do, Gusto has your back.
Gusto is very affordable and offers a solid foundation for payroll and HR. They have also recently released a new tier which offers a few additional bells and whistles for those companies looking for higher-touch service or additional features. It is great to have this flexibility, which isn't always offered by the bigger players.
Return on Investment
- Gusto has cost us a substantial amount of money in the past 12 months, which we hadn't budgeted for, however the cost of HR non-compliance is arguably larger. We intend to move from Gusto and Xero effective Dec 31st.
- The amount of time required to rectify issues with a non-communicating HR provider was approx 10 days
- Holding the tax for so long has been difficult to adjust to in the cashflow of the business.
Board Member in CorporateOil & Energy Company, 1-10 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Gusto Editions & Modules
|Concierge: Includes everything in the Complete plan, plus access to certified HR pros and resources so you don’t have to go it alone.||$149/month1|
|Complete: Includes everything in the Core plan, plus better HR tools so you can create a great place to work||$39/month1|
|Core: Refreshingly easy payroll so you can get back to what matters most.||$39/month2|
- $12 per employee/contractor
- $6 per employee/contractor