Easy, concise and intuitive

Super user friendly

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022

Update personal information (285)

9.7

Direct deposit files (244)

9.6

Benefit plan administration (245)

9.5

View and generate pay and benefit information (271)

9.4

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Rippling, and make your voice heard!

Recommended

starting price per user, per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.rippling.com/pricing

Human Resource Management

Performance Management

Succession Planning

Recruiting / ATS

What is Rippling?

Rippling helps companies manage Payroll, Benefits, HR, and IT in one platform. It brings employee systems and data together, and helps automate busy work.

The vendor states that, for example, that with onboarding, Rippling users can just click a button and in 90 seconds set up a new hires’ payroll, health insurance, 401K, work computer, and third-party apps — like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365 — online and paperlessly.

Rippling Features

Human Resource Management Features

• Supported: Employee demographic data
  • Supported: Employment history
  • Supported: Job profiles and administration
  • Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
  • Supported: Benefits information
  • Supported: Organizational charting
  • Supported: Organization and location management
  • Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

• Supported: Report builder
  • Supported: Pre-built reports
  • Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

• Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
  • Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features

• Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
  • Supported: Applicant Tracking
  • Supported: Notifications and Alerts

Rippling Screenshots

Pay employees and contractors, anywhere. Run payroll in less than 90 seconds — no calculator required.Whether you're an HR or IT manager, Rippling makes it easy to buy, set up, secure, and manage your employee's devices—from computers to monitors. Devices are pre-configured and shipped out with software patches applied, security policies enforced, and can be deactivated and reconfigured when employees are terminated.Keep your fleet of computers up to date and secure.Instantly add new hires to every app they need — like Slack, Salesforce, and Office 365. Employees can log into their apps in 1-click using Rippling's Single Sign On (SSO).Get deeper insight into your business with built-in-reporting or create your own with custom reports.Manage all of your benefits in one, online place — Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Commuter, FSA, HSA, and more.Create, send, and sign every employee document — offer letters, I-9s, employee handbooks, and more — 100% online and paperlessly.

Rippling Integrations

Rippling Competitors

Rippling Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesUnited States
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is Rippling's best feature?

Reviewers rate Update personal information highest, with a score of 9.7.

Who uses Rippling?

The most common users of Rippling are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Brandon Bryditzki | TrustRadius Reviewer
Rippling makes running Payroll and onboarding employees a breeze. The ability to integrate benefits directly into the payroll system makes it so easy to not only keep track of benefits, but to administer them directly.
  • Support is responsive and very helpful
  • Payroll is insanely fast and easy
  • The ability to scale and add more features on down the road
  • Honestly can't think of anything!
I have only experienced Rippling as a small company, so I cannot speak to the ease of use as a larger company, but I can't imagine it would be any more difficult than another payroll company. The integration and additional features, such as time tracking/management and IT help (creating/sending/monitoring computers) make it seem like scaling would be a breeze.
I have reached out to support a few separate times and they always respond quickly and are very helpful and understanding. They really work with you!
It takes a little bit to get used to, but once you have the system down, it's absolutely wonderful.
Peter Simkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Rippling for all contracts, hours, payroll, tax, health benefits, etc. I have worked at much larger companies with many solutions it takes a fair amount of time to discover everything. I like Rippling because everything that I care about is in one place.
  • Payroll, seeing my pay, taxes, etc.
  • Health, including insurance information
  • Commuter benefits
  • Anniversaries and birthdays
  • Link to 401k
  • Remove the apps that I don't use
Having everything you care about in one spot.
Managed very well, when I have issues it is processed quickly.
Very clear unopinionated workflows.
We use Rippling as our primary HRIS.
  • Integrations with other software
  • Payroll and benefits
  • User friendly
  • Support, they're always trying to sell us something
  • We ask for help, and we need to pay more to get that help
Ripping can adapt to many different types of business. It would take some work but you can customize it very well to your needs. As you add features, you need to speak with lots of sales reps, and you need to spend lots of time in the system, but you can make it work for you.
I ask for support, I get a sales call, or I get pushed to look again at company help articles.
Super user-friendly.
Rippling is extremely easy to use and navigate through, as a user. I get notifications on payday and have very simple access to requesting time off, as well as access to who is on my team and who else is in the company. I really appreciate the ability to utilize the app as well as the desktop view for on-the-go access to anything that I may need.
  • Time-Off Requesting
  • Benefit Management
  • Payday Notification
  • More Notifications on Special Dates
Rippling is great for looking through and reviewing your benefits, which makes things really simple. In previous companies, I would have to navigate through numerous apps to locate information on benefits, time-tracking, time-off requests, and also employee information but now with Rippling, I have the ability to do all of this in one easy place. The navigation of the app as well as the desktop view are well fleshed out so, as a user, I am very impressed.
I find the use of the application very vital to my day-to-day work, especially when it comes to my benefits and my requests for days off. I prefer this over previous models that I had used as it takes the multiple apps that I would have to utilize and can have everything in one place.
With all technology, there can typically be bugs that need to be worked out but I find that it is very minimal when it comes to Rippling with my usage with it. As things continue, I may edit this but so far, I am finding no issues and am very happy with the usability.
My experience with Rippling was staying up to date with payroll/commission, monitoring my benefits, managing PTO/leave, and storing my important annual documents (W-2 and other tax information). As an employee Rippling kept everything housed in one place that was easily accessible. I felt like less of a bother having to chase down people in HR to get the documents I need while having immediate access saved me headaches at times throughout the year.
  • Easily navigable
  • Simple Design
  • Great Customer Service
  • Store internal trainings
As an employee, it was easily the easiest HR software that I have been tasked with using. You can find everything you need and when you need it. Have used 4 others in my career that are needlessly bloated. Can't speak to the use cases of someone managing Rippling for a company or segment of a company, but as an employee, my experience was always fantastic.
The chat function always gave a timely response that addressed what was needed.
Just going to keep repeating this. It was so simple. Everything is right where you need it to be, and don't even need training to find it easily. Extremely intuitive UI.
As we were expanding from a 30-employee to a 130-employee company, we needed a comprehensive HR management system. After reviewing multiple sellers, we decided that Rippling was the way to go due to the simplistic and well-organized user interface (considering some of us never used an HRMS, we needed something that would be easy to adjust to). This also saved our tech team time, where they didn't have to build a new system. Rippling makes it easy for us to keep all files in one place and make sure they are secure, it reminds us and other employees of tasks, it ensures successful onboarding by ensuring all documents and filled out and all training is completed and it gives us access to reports that we need on multiple occasions (whether to send them to another department or for the HR's use). We had also switched from another payroll provider to Rippling and we have all agreed that Rippling has automated so many things and we never have mistakes made now.
  • Learning management - ensuring all employees have completed the needed training. For both compliance reasons and professional/personal growth.
  • Payroll - extremely automated, to the point where we make slight adjustments to each payroll and check to see if there are any drastic changes and it's good to go!
  • Document management - ensures all documents are in one place and secured.
  • Workflow - could be easier to use.
  • Payroll reports - could be easier to use as well.
  • Allows us to add pictures to documents.
I'd say it is best suited for companies that have over 40-50 employees, as it makes managing everything so much easier and more automated. I do not think this is software for smaller companies (5-30 employees), as a lot of it can be done manually with a smaller number of people. However, if the company is looking to save money by using software instead of an employee to do things manually, then Rippling would be the way to go.
They are extremely responsive to all of our inquiries and reports.
Very very very simple for anyone to use!
I find the user experience with Rippling clean and simple allowing new employees to onboard easily. The homepage is minimal, which IMO, makes it easier to gather your thoughts on what actions you need to take. I've used competitor platforms in the past that place a lot (too much) information on the home page which creates confusion and becomes a distraction from the initial reason why you were in there in the first place. The icons are also easy to understand and you don't feel as though you need to go on an egg hunt to find the "thing" you are looking for.
  • Direct deposit edits
  • Benefits sign-up
  • To-dos
  • Clean homepage
  • SSO
  • the button to add another direct deposit account feels disconnected (far away) from where the account physically populates
  • Could be a bit more on the home page as it relates to benefits and when they need to be completed (due dates or important dates)
  • The icons at the bottom don't really mean anything to me or all feel the same. Maybe remove the box around them to see the actual iconography.
I find Rippling interesting in that it's bringing organizational SSO into the same space at HR onboarding tasks. It's not just an HR platform but a one-stop-shop for employees to find the tools that they need to work efficiently. At the same time, it feels like a strange blend.
I haven't used the support functionality yet.
As mentioned before, Rippling is clean and concise with easy to understand buttons and not too many layers to find the thing you are looking for.
I use the time clock and time management, payroll, benefits, etc. We all work remotely so it brings everything together for management. We use the program to request off, keep track of Pto, and benefits, view our paystubs, and other time management.
  • Keeps track of out timeclock.
  • Expalins the benefits.
  • Easy to request time off.
  • View our paystubs
  • I have not had any questions thus far.
Like I said it is nice for remote employees to keep track of their hours and pay.
I haven't had any issues
It's easily navigated.

Rippling Review

This is my first experience using Rippling. I enjoy Rippling's ease of use, the tiles on the home page, and the visuals easy to read! The paystubs and reminder email that 'You've been paid' is always helpful. I appreciate the associated emails when there is something to approve or address. I do like all this information at my fingertips as an employee and director/supervisor.
  • birthdays and anniversaries
  • email reminders when changes
  • paystubs
  • time and attendance to have less scrolling down
  • when possible have info fit on 1 page
  • List for anniversaries and birthdays
time and attendance email reminders i.e. for approvals
Proactive, so not needing a lot of support.
pretty intuitive except for PTO location for staff initially
When I first started with my new company, I was given a link to begin my profile. After creating my profile, I can see all my paystubs, and rippling does a great job of breaking down hours worked, pay, taxes, etc. One of the great things about rippling is I am able to look at my PTO and see how much (in each category) is left. We also just went through open enrollment for our benefits for health insurance, vision, and dental. Rippling laid all of this out in a simple, easy-to-use format. There were links that took me to the summary of benefits so I could choose the best plan for me.
  • Simple
  • Better color schemes
If someone was looking for a one-stop shop system to help them with employee benefits, I would highly recommend Rippling.
I Haven’t had to contact Rippling for support. Which is a testament to how easy it is to use.
Rippling is a very easy-to-use system. In terms of payroll, it has all my paystubs located in one area where I am able to click and show everything about that pay period. It breaks down hours, wages, and taxes very cleanly. We just went through open enrollment and the steps to complete it were very easy to use and clear.
We use Rippling for payroll, benefits, PTO, and time off/vacation management. It's wonderful. It keeps track of everything including tax information and is always user-friendly and accessible for updating. Our admin is someone in our own HR dept as well as someone available by email at Rippling itself. We all like it a lot.
  • Vacation Requests
  • Payroll Stubs
  • Benefits Elections
  • gift cards for feedback surveys
  • the authenticator used to sign in and took forever to get someone to let me in once I got kicked out. a better backup would be nice.
benefits elections are made easily. I was unable to cancel my jury duty request after the fact when I was dismissed from the jury after one day even though I had requested 3 days. I never did get those days back because the app wouldn't let me.. not that I mattered because it's not like I was going to need them anytime soon. also, I went to work anyway.
it's good. I've only had to use it once and it worked out.
its awesome
Integrated and extremely easy to use! It’s like Apple for Human Resources. Highly recommend.
  • Automation
  • Ease of use
  • Integration
  • N/a
Well suited for all human resource functions such as setting up benefits and general payroll information. Very easy onboarding for new employees
Na
User friendly and that is key when all employees need to use the platform
May 17, 2022

Upgrade!!!!

Rippling is our new HR software. It has been an outstanding upgrade!!! I can't wait to dove Headfirst into Rippling and learn all its uses and the iOS version excites me the most. We value HR products at Xcite and look forward to a new partnership. This will help manage my entire staff from one place!
  • Formatting
  • Ease of use
  • User friendly
  • Upgrade!!!!
  • Function
  • User base
  • More internal apps
Rippling is an awesome upgrade from our previous HR manager tool. It provides exactly what we need all in one place. There may be times newer app additions may help us manage more. I'd love to see where Rippling is going into 2023 and beyond! I look forward to using this tool to my advantage to save time daily.
Quick response
Great ease of use and user friendly

Rippling Rocks!

Easily the easiest onboarding for benefits I have ever had the pleasure of using in 20+ years in the industry. Everything was easily communicated, made sense, and allowed me to feel as though I was in control of my Benefits. Could not be happier with this implementation and will evangelize this to my team to encourage their quick sign-up.
  • Benefits rolled out and presented with a clean UI/UX
  • Progress showed and shared as you move thru the different options
  • Everything seems awesome, maybe a way to change color scheme??
I think Rippling is well-suited no matter the size of the organization from fortune 500 to a startup
had some issues with Rippling but those issues were most focused on how fast we were looking to move and integrate and were quickly addressed by the incredible support staff
User Experience is top notch
Rippling is used for PTO requests, to see payroll stubs, to enroll and track insurance info, for our employee profile, and I'm sure more. I'm still very new. This was one of the easiest-to-use platforms I've ever used in my almost 2 decades of professional experience. Super user-friendly, easy two-factor Authenticator for safety, clearly a secure site. Super happy this is what we're using here, and I highly recommend it.
  • user friendly
  • security (two factor authenticator)
  • None that I can think of at this time
All I know is that my experience was very simple. Creating the account, filling everything out, all simple. While completing my employee profile, I had to walk away for a while to do other things and it saved my place perfectly. My dashboard reminded me of what I still needed to do and gave a clickable link to get to that task. Setting up benefits, and requesting PTO, are all incredibly simple and easy for me as the end-user.
Quick response time
Everything I have tried to use, I've been able to do easily and quickly without any assistance. This is very user friendly.
Rippling is used as an interface for all employee benefits, time off, payments and paystubs, and more at our company. It is easy to use and streamlined, more efficient compared to my previous workplace where each of these was separate websites with different passwords and usernames. I am impressed by it!
  • user friendly
  • streamlined
  • efficient interface
  • n/a
Even though a new employee with the company who has never yet set foot inside the door, it was an inclusive space where I could upload my headshot and my onboarding info to become part of the team.
Haven't yet had to use the support so I can't answer this question with relevant experience
VERY user friendly with easy interface
We use it as our HR platform to hire all internal employees. Employees can use it to access benefits, paid time off, vacation time, W2s, pay stubs, and any other HR-related things they need. This is what we use to manage all 1,000 employees. This coupled with our CSS to manage who we are reaching out to and the shifts they work, we don't use anything else.
  • Ease of access to payroll documents
  • HR resources at the users convenience
  • Quick onboarding for employees
  • I9 is really hard to use. When you select a document from category A or B&C, it won't always register and present the next button. So employees get stuck here on the I9 50% of the time, if not more.
  • Consistently E-verifying things
  • It wont match photos every time
  • Could use more tech support
  • It won't let you delete accounts so rehires create duplicate accounts which are difficult for employees to navigate
  • The duplicate accounts are not easy to find, or easy to differentiate, and it won't automatically open the most relevant one
I think it is well suited for a small team of internal employees. If you were to deal with a large number of employees you are more likely to need more support from rippling and that can be slow in coming. If you have a small team of tech-savvy employees then it will be easy to work together to navigate the issues that can arise from rippling and you won't have to deal with a high volume of them. It is a pretty nice and simple program to use.
Rippling support is often needed. I feel like a broken record saying this, but the I9 portion of the platform is a constant issue. To get clients to fill it out requires us to get them into the office or walk them through it. And customer support needs to be reached out to very often. This is why I am aware that they do not respond in a timely manner nor do they assist you in fixing the issue and making internal updates. The most recent update they did had nothing to do with any of our constant complaints.
Rippling support is often needed. I feel like a broken record saying this, but the I9 portion of the platform is a constant issue. To get clients to fill it out requires us to get them into the office or walk them through it. The most recent update they did had nothing to do with any of our constant complaints. So the usability has not increased since they have been updating them. Sometimes the next button will not populate. This leaves the customer confused and stuck.
I use Rippling for payroll, time, and insurance purposes. It gives me a better view of how my insurance benefits are explained and used. I enjoy having on hand everything that I need to know on using my benefits on Rippling. I also like how I can edit my own time and see what time I have in PTO, etc. It gives me a sense of peace having that in my hand and being able to do so on my own. Being able to have my paystubs also is a major plus for me. Everything has been easy and self-explanatory! Rippling is by far the easiest payroll workplace service I have used, and I really like it! It is not at all hard to use PLUS thus far no crashes or issues as I have had with other apps in the past.
  • Easy access to information.
  • Great website layout.
  • Easy to use.
  • Adding a favorites tab.
  • I like the use of the layout as it is.
  • No constant updates with bug fixes and annoying random updates.
When enrolling in insurance, Rippling made the process quick and easy. Step by step, it was all well explained from one step to the next. At the end of enrollment, everything was on the dashboard well arranged, and the view was nice and convenient to find. I like the different nodules for each area of health coverage versus the "other" apps where it is one module for every area of insurance. Rippling's layout has the different ones for Vision, Dental, HSA/FSA, & Health. And upon clicking each module, it is well self-explained and easy to understand. Easy in moving from one module to the next.
Customer service is amazing and patient, I imagine, because I have not had any issues needing to reach out to Rippling or my HR for needing assistance. Everything functions and works properly as a program should. The overall usage time to complete anything that I have to do on the app is minimal and easy peasy.
The layout is great and easy to work with. The platform allows for easy and swift transactional use. I enjoy the layout view of the app. The app does not force close and functions just as an app is supposed to. I am proud to be able to use this app headache free.
May 05, 2022

Rippling Review

One-stop-shop for accessing payroll info, time-off management, 401k account access, and the company directory. The mobile app is a cherry on top.
  • Payroll info
  • Time-off management
  • Ease of access via mobile app
  • Integrating with Google suite
  • Sending pop-up notifications when you get paid, time off has been approved, etc.
  • Have a community section to upvote Product roadmap features
One-stop-shop for accessing payroll info, time-off management, 401k account access, and the company directory. It's my go-to app for any company-related information.
They have been quick to respond to what I heard from my peers and no one has ever had a long-lasting issue while using Rippling
Rippling's UI is pretty user-friendly and supports a self-serve approach. Having to use one application to track many things is definitely useful
Jerrold Pearson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Rippling at my current company to manage benefits. So far, I have experienced no business problems.
  • Clear design so it is not confusing what question(s) are being answered, where to navigate for desired features, etc.
  • Very prompt & timely reminders & follow-ups.
  • Dealing with matters is typically a quick, easy process.
  • No big deal, but I was not fond of being asked why I'm declining certain coverages.
  • I don't have time to think of another suggestion for improvement...
  • ...so I will leave it at this for now.
Rippling was sure easy to use throughout my onboarding, and now with HR Benefits Management. Very straightforward and easy to use. The uploading of documents is a quick, painless process, and each process, in general, is easy to follow & complete. They also have great email message reminders for follow-up for when tasks remain to be completed. A great software, to be sure. I have not found an instance where Rippling is "inappropriate".
I have not used the system for a long time, but so far it has been as delightful using Rippling for HR-related matters as any other alternative previously. Great work developing this software to be user-friendly, and efficient in its use. This evaluation is by far more tedious than the use of the Rippling software itself.
Rippling is just an easy software to understand and use. I don't know how else to say it...the product is very easy to use, especially for a "do it yourself" application. It greatly reduces the need for a sophisticated HR set-up when a great portion of the HR process is paperwork; Rippling makes that part a cinch.
We use it to onboard new employees, send them all their logins, and get them signed up for benefits.
  • Help new hires sign up for benefits
  • Help employees see their paychecks
  • Helps give easy access to change benefits
  • Knowledge base for employees to see their benefits
  • Wasn't sure if I should use my work email or personal email for my account
Well suited for employers who want to onboard their employees quickly and give them access to their systems all at once.
Always get a quick answer
Very easy to navigate especially with the icons
Rippling has made it so easy for me to view all my employee-related items, in one place. I use rippling to request time off, view salary and payment info, access insurance info, and connect with other people at the organization. Rippling has really made accessing and updating my employment items simple, quick, and easy to understand! I'm very glad our company using Rippling and I recommend it to other companies with 20 or more employees!
  • Easy of use
  • Clarity
  • Simplicity
  • Mobile App
Rippling made it easy for me to view our company's organizational chart and find the contact info. for the correct person. I was able to easily access and download my tax information. I could also view my current medical plans. And I could see how much vacation time I took off, when, and how many remaining days I had left.
Rippling has really good support. the team is always available and ready to help! Rippling is the one employee management system that I have used during my time in life as an employee. I think that Rippling really is a great product and super useful for companies with many employees who need management software. I would highly recommend Rippling for other larger businesses out there.
Rippling is very easy to use. Features are layed out in a way that makes sense and is easy to use. Rippling is the one employee management system that I have used as my time in life as an employee. I think that rippling really is a great product and super useful for companies with many employees who need management software. I would highly recommend rippling for other larger businesses out there.
May 03, 2022

Love it!

Time and attendance are fantastic and simple, and having a mobile app makes it easier for me to approve timecards even on the go. I currently use it to manage my benefits and employee timecards, PTO requests and learning management.
  • Payroll.
  • Time and attendance.
  • Vacation requests/PTO.
It's simple and easy to use, that's the most important part to me. Don't make me think!
Because I hate having to manage payroll and have mistakes made that require an act of Congress to fix. Rippling eliminates that for us.
Again, it's SIMPLE!
We use it to keep track of the hours spent working, by clocking in and clocking out in a timely manner. We also use it to manage our benefits and enroll in any that are currently open. One thing I personally do a lot, is check my pay stubs. Rippling's PayStub UI is very simple and allows me to read through it easier.
  • Displays Paystubs
  • Clocking in and out
  • Getting an outlook at the employees of the organization
  • Providing insight into how much the next paycheck will be. I get paid by the hour, and it would help if I knew what to expect on payday.
  • Displaying total paid hours worked for the week. It lumps the hours we were at lunch, sometimes looks weird, and is hard to track.
Rippling is great for the majority of HR functions. Whether it's keeping track of paystubs, clocking in and clocking out, or monitoring the various benefits that are being offered. One nice feature that Rippling has, is that displays your paystubs in a very simple easy-to-read way. Using ADP in the past, it never looked that simple.
In regards to support, I have always heard good things about Rippling, I just never had a chance to use it. I am aware of Parker Conrad and thought it was cool that even after leaving Zenefits, he managed to produce a competing product. Overall, I like Rippling and will consider using it in my next startup venture.
Rippling is pretty usable and is easy for me to figure out. I never really had any trouble locating anything or getting lost on aspects of the UI. It's nice that you are also given the add-on, of adding apps to Rippling. I think that is a step in the right direction.
I use Rippling to review my payroll activity, manage time-off requests, and for any medical/dental/vision issues.
  • Easy access to pay information.
  • Easy access to insurance information.
  • Easy access to time off information.
  • I haven't come across anything I'd like to improve yet.
Rippling seems like a great platform to pull together the information employees always want to access, but have struggled to get easy assess to in the past. Having it all handy within one platform is a great value add.
I haven't utilized Rippling support.
Great UI and ease of navigation.