Google Analytics<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.5 out of 101
Based on 1933 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
If your business revolves around technology in apps, revenue generated by certain apps that are industry specific, Apptopia is the way to go. You can see data like DAU, MAU, ARPU, market leaders, SDKs, geographics, analytics. Literally anything you would want to know about mobile apps or the market and technology around them, you can get with Apptopia.
Google Analytics handles every level of the user experience on your website exceptionally well. It is easy to jump quickly between a macro level view of every visitor currently active on your website, to a micro level view of a user on a specific page from a specific source. I genuinely have no complaints when it comes to Analytics doing the specific job it is built for.
- Apptopia not only allows you to see what technologies are being used in an app, but also when an technology is removed, inactive or installed.
- You can create alerts to help you stay on top of changes in the market, SDK, revenue, user base and more.
- The benefits of working with an SMB company is you get their full attention at any point in the customer lifecycle. Early on to our usage of Apptopia we had the Chief Product Officer getting on calls and video shares with us to hear our feedback, ask for suggestions and to showcase new/upcoming features. They have excellent customer support and are constantly updating and adding to their already amazing product.
- The employees that work there are very receptive and helpful as well. I was reviewing another tool for my company to use and noticed one of their managers had left a review about the given tool. I personally reached out to her asking for her opinion and feedback before buying and she responded within a day.
- Google Analytics does a great job allowing us to define conversion goals, and sales funnels and then track how users are ultimately using our site. The information collected through this data can then be used to optimize our site to reduce lost visitors that we were unable to convert into a sale.
- Google Analytics allows us to segment our sites visitors and look at where these visitors are coming from and educate us on what attracts visitors to our site. This is incredibly important to us in determining where our marketing might be falling short, allowing us to adjust our messaging and track results.
- Paired with Google Adwords, Google Analytics is a powerful platform for collecting data on our paid advertising vs. our organic traffic.
- They could simplify custom reporting. Especially when using customized data and drill downs. It is simple as it is, but at times, doesn't seem very flexible.
- Goals are currently limited to 20 (unless you pay.) Analytics Premium is costly, but not compared to some of the other major players.
- Google is constantly upgrading the user experience for Google Analytics. The good, is that they are improving it. The bad, if you only login to GA once a month, you may fumble around looking for features/options that you once knew.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 47 answers
As long as our requirements of Google Analytics remains in the same proximity, I will continue to use and renew my use of Google Analytics. If it comes to a point where we are reaching a bazillion hits a month and require tracking thousands of channels, we may look at other solutions based on cost.
Based on 5 answers
Google Analytics provides a wealth of data, down to minute levels. That is it's greatest detriment: find the right information when you need it can be a cumbersome task. You are able to create shortcuts, however, so it can mitigate some of this problem. Google is continually refining Analytics, so I do not doubt there will be improvements
Based on 2 answers
love the product and training they provide for businesses of all sizes. The following list of links will help you get started with Google Analytics from setup to understanding what data is being presented by Google Analytics.
- How to Use Google Analytics for Beginners – Mahalo’s how-to guide for beginners.
- A beginner’s guide to Google Analytics – A free eBook walking you through Google Analytics from setup to understanding what data is being presented.
- Getting to Know Your Google Analytics Dashboard – The title says it all! This is a brief post with one goal: to introduce you to the Google Analytics dashboard.
- Google Analytics for Beginners: How to Make the Most of Your Traffic Reports– This guide doesn’t cover setup, but it does a great job of helping you to better understand the data being presented.
- Google Analytics Video Tutorial 1: Setup – A video presentation that walks you through Google Analytics setup.
- Google Analytics Video Tutorial 2: Essential Stats – A video presentation that introduces you to some of the most important data being presented in Google Analytics.
We initially went to Datanyze for email hunting and list building. As we learned more about the feature they offer we realized their data was not as accurate as we needed. During our evaluation of the product there were lots of promises of Beta features or things in the future and not a ton of focus or confidence in what they offered currently. We did leverage and benefit from Datanyze for a decent amount of time, but when we evaluated a side by side comparison, Apptopia came out on top. Datanyze is a little different where they can pull lists of contacts, but at the end of the day we saw App data more important than those lists
Google Analytics works great for traffic traffic on your site, but doesn't address the issue of tracking data on your social media channels. In this case, ThinkUp is quite powerful. ThinkUp can be set up as a self-hosted solution, and is very customizable, pulling signals from Twitter, Google+, Facebook and more. Google Analytics, however, is the better solution for finding everything about your site's traffic
Return on Investment
- We have been able to leverage the data Apptopia gives us to reach out to prospects at the perfect turning point in their business. If we that a mobile app has uninstalled our competitors technology, we know it's the right time for us to reach out as we can assume they're evaluating new technologies and could put us in the running.
- We also love the list builder. It allows us to quickly filter and segment out apps that we should prospect. You can download these lists to CSV and share them within your team to help achieve this as well.
- Being able to offer a billable, monthly service to clients.
- After discovering inbound links, being able to create effective social media content.
- Showing clients that the capital they have invested in has paid off.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Apptopia Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing DetailsCustom plans are available, including the option for a robust API integration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-277-8674 to learn more.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Google Analytics Editions & Modules