<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 9.1 out of 100
Based on 92 reviews and ratings
- Chartbeat is rated higher in 2 areas: Likelihood to Recommend, Likelihood to Renew
- NetBase Quid is rated higher in 2 areas: Usability, Support Rating
Likelihood to Recommend
If you are looking for a tool that tracks traffic, content performance, author performance, and reader retention with a relatively simple interface and gleaming graphics then this is for you. Trickier things like report generation are made much more seamless now, and except for some friction in the sidebar navigation –– I find it to be a pretty flawless tool that I would recommend to friends or others in the media field. It's just a basic necessity to understand content these days, so Chartbeat is a great tool at that!
In my use of [NetBase] Quid, I found the tool particularly suitable for curating pertinent content. It allowed me to develop more comprehensive analysis at a larger scale, all while substantially reducing the amount of research time needed. It is also a plus that [NetBase] Quid is delivered as a web app. I did some of my [NetBase] Quid work on a low-end Chromebook without issues.
Analyst in OtherTelecommunications Company, 11-50 employees
- Provides easy at-a-glance look at what people are reading right now
- Heads-up Display allows you to make sure the homepage is showing the content people want to read
- Headline testing tool provides fascinating insight into what makes people read a story and improves headline-writing ability
Professional in OtherNewspapers Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Their NLP is very strong with the ability to distinguish subject in sentences and then apply analysis based on either the subject or sentence. Competitors lack strong NLP and often have lower degrees of accuracy.
- The platform is highly flexible with dozens of ways to filter and cut the data. It is great for an analyst that really wants to deep dive into the data. However, the analysis done automatically by NetBase is also strong enough that less experienced users would still be able to gain insight with ease.
- The customizable dashboards are perfect for client reporting and drastically reduce the amount of time spent preparing recurring reports and decks. These are also very flexible depending on reporting needs.
Analyst in OtherMarketing and Advertising Company, 201-500 employees
- Source of traffic needs improvement. Search and social make sense, but "internal" and "links" is a grey area. It would be helpful to define those with an organization and provide an information icon so users can easily remember what each of those buckets is tracking.
- More ways to customize the real-time board. For example, with video content, that's great that I can see a user has started a video, but what is the completion rate, was that only on O&O or can that track Facebook, too?
- Would like to see demo (age) information included as a way to slice the data so I can see what's working with my older and younger demo.
Director in OtherPublishing Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Dashboards can only currently be exported as PDFs. It would be helpful to have a more read/writable format (eg. PPT) that enables us to combine Netbase's outputs with other sources, or to make them more consistent with our own branding (colours, fonts etc.)
- The business model revolves around a limited number of login seats. I would like to be able to roll out the tool to make it available/accessible to more people in the business, but the pricing model makes this impractical/uneconomical.
- Logging out users after a period of inactivity can be frustrating when multitasking/task switching and unsaved work is lost.
- While Netbase's focus on language processing is its key strength, additional functionality around social analysis (eg. people who follow a brand account, users who talk about X are also likely to talk about Y) is somewhat limited.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 5 answers
I gave Chartbeat a 5 for a renewal rating, because, while it delivers clear and understandable content, Google Analytics also provides many of the same features for free. For a small to medium website, I believe it would be more cost effective to use Google Analytics. A website with a high amount of traffic, however, could merit spending the money on Chartbeat to maximize their potential.
Contributor in OtherWriting and Editing Company, 1-10 employees
NetBase Quid 8.1
Based on 87 answers
We've had a good experience using the tool and have invested quite a bit of time training the internal team on how to get the most benefit out of it. There would need to be a compelling reason or business case to port over all of our existing topics and tool know-how to another platform.
Based on 45 answers
It's easy to use and understand, which can't be said for all data-tracking sites that I've used in the past. It's easy for me to navigate and I didn't need to Google anything in order to find what I needed
Team Lead in OtherMedia Production Company, 1-10 employees
NetBase Quid 9.0
Based on 13 answers
Very simple to use, quick to pick up on the key principles, and a task-centric design (ie. Topics to set up what you want to analyze, Analysis to do the exploration/analysis, and Dashboards to pull results and findings together to generate reports.) All intuitive, drag & drop etc.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
NetBase Quid 9.5
Based on 12 answers
NetBase constantly updates the platform with features. The platforms ability to analyze complex social listening topics is exceptional. Its fast and gives you the ability to create standardized reports for a quick topic analysis. Additionally, the standard overview tab provides the topic at a glance and assists in quickly identifying areas to further analyze. Great product with excellent support behind it!
Based on 11 answers
I have had limited experience of support for Chartbeat but whenever I have needed help it has been there. Recently there was an issue of seeing different forms of data in real time - app and otherwise effectively, and the issue was being clearly dealt with and communicated back to us.
NetBase Quid 9.1
Based on 22 answers
Our support contact is always available and will spend all of the time required to make sure our questions are answered.
Director in Social MediaPublic Relations and Communications Company, 11-50 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
NetBase Quid 9.6
Based on 8 answers
We had an internal implementation meeting with the NetBase team as well as a business seat implementation for one of our clients. I would highly recommend having all stakeholders attend an implementation meeting as they can understand the power of this platform.
Chartbeat really remains the gold standard in the tracking, measurement and display of realtime engagement metrics. If your site has sufficient audience benefit from immediate changes in content programming, display and design, it's a great tool with a highly refined and intuitive user experience. Plus, it's API allows for broad integration.
Meltwater took too long to load whenever you had to change keywords, their customer service was not very responsive, and their interface was not very customizeable. We decided to search for a new software company and we invited many companies to present. We selected Netbase after a free trial for reasons stated earlier.
Return on Investment
- I do not have access to the financial arrangements in place, but I would view Chartbeat as a key tool for the company with significant advantages over other analytical software.
- Continued enhancement of the product, for instance picture previewer, would provide additional value to the service.
Professional in OtherOnline Media Company, 5001-10,000 employees
- Positive - NetBase allows us to quickly gather a high level over view of a topic, which helps for new business pitch and being able to inform the account teams of basic information.
- Negative - We have to use other tools to gather news, which affects our budget.