<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 9.1 out of 100
Based on 53 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
It's a great tool for media or market-facing sites that get enough customer traffic to benefit from realtime changes in headlines, design or display. However, small sites that don't get enough traffic to benefit from realtime changes in headlines, design or display probably can't justify the cost of the product.
In my use of [NetBase] Quid, I found the tool particularly suitable for curating pertinent content. It allowed me to develop more comprehensive analysis at a larger scale, all while substantially reducing the amount of research time needed. It is also a plus that [NetBase] Quid is delivered as a web app. I did some of my [NetBase] Quid work on a low-end Chromebook without issues.
Analyst in OtherTelecommunications Company, 11-50 employees
- Instant insight for newsrooms: What are readers reading, on what platform, how long are they staying?
- Headline testing: Allows us to try multiple versions of the 'sell' for the story to understand what interests different sorts of readers
- Segmentation of audience: Allows us to understand not only where readers come from (search, social, direct, etc.) but also how loyal they are and how long they stay
- Proper engagement time: Too often our industry obsesses on dwell time, but Chartbeat's active engaged time gives us a true sense of how long we really engage people for
- Simple actions: For example, the Chartbeat overlay tells us where people on average leave a story, so it helps us take actions quickly
Manager in Product ManagementNewspapers Company, 5001-10,000 employees
- Their NLP is very strong with the ability to distinguish subject in sentences and then apply analysis based on either the subject or sentence. Competitors lack strong NLP and often have lower degrees of accuracy.
- The platform is highly flexible with dozens of ways to filter and cut the data. It is great for an analyst that really wants to deep dive into the data. However, the analysis done automatically by NetBase is also strong enough that less experienced users would still be able to gain insight with ease.
- The customizable dashboards are perfect for client reporting and drastically reduce the amount of time spent preparing recurring reports and decks. These are also very flexible depending on reporting needs.
Analyst in OtherMarketing and Advertising Company, 201-500 employees
- The service could be broken down to provide page view figures for individual tags on our website metadata
- The dashboard for each day could offer more detail on performance compared to previous days/last week - how many people viewed articles of the same topic in a similar time period
- Dashboards can only currently be exported as PDFs. It would be helpful to have a more read/writable format (eg. PPT) that enables us to combine Netbase's outputs with other sources, or to make them more consistent with our own branding (colours, fonts etc.)
- The business model revolves around a limited number of login seats. I would like to be able to roll out the tool to make it available/accessible to more people in the business, but the pricing model makes this impractical/uneconomical.
- Logging out users after a period of inactivity can be frustrating when multitasking/task switching and unsaved work is lost.
- While Netbase's focus on language processing is its key strength, additional functionality around social analysis (eg. people who follow a brand account, users who talk about X are also likely to talk about Y) is somewhat limited.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 5 answers
I gave Chartbeat a 5 for a renewal rating, because, while it delivers clear and understandable content, Google Analytics also provides many of the same features for free. For a small to medium website, I believe it would be more cost effective to use Google Analytics. A website with a high amount of traffic, however, could merit spending the money on Chartbeat to maximize their potential.
Contributor in OtherWriting and Editing Company, 1-10 employees
NetBase Quid 8.1
Based on 88 answers
We've had a good experience using the tool and have invested quite a bit of time training the internal team on how to get the most benefit out of it. There would need to be a compelling reason or business case to port over all of our existing topics and tool know-how to another platform.
Based on 22 answers
[Charbeat is] really user friendly both on desktop and mobile. In terms of being able to extract live data, it has been transformational. We are able to make live content decisions backed up by research from platforms which is relevant at the time of publication. The app makes it possible for me to stay in touch with performance when I am not working.
NetBase Quid 9.0
Based on 13 answers
Very simple to use, quick to pick up on the key principles, and a task-centric design (ie. Topics to set up what you want to analyze, Analysis to do the exploration/analysis, and Dashboards to pull results and findings together to generate reports.) All intuitive, drag & drop etc.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
NetBase Quid 9.5
Based on 12 answers
NetBase constantly updates the platform with features. The platforms ability to analyze complex social listening topics is exceptional. Its fast and gives you the ability to create standardized reports for a quick topic analysis. Additionally, the standard overview tab provides the topic at a glance and assists in quickly identifying areas to further analyze. Great product with excellent support behind it!
Based on 11 answers
Support seems to be solid although there does not appear to be regional (ie. UK) support. One support enquiry I requested asking for an improvement to the interface was however, dealt with promptly and very helpfully and this surprised me a little as it was a UK request to a US support service
Professional in OtherOnline Media Company, 5001-10,000 employees
NetBase Quid 9.1
Based on 22 answers
Our support contact is always available and will spend all of the time required to make sure our questions are answered.
Director in Social MediaPublic Relations and Communications Company, 11-50 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
NetBase Quid 9.6
Based on 8 answers
We had an internal implementation meeting with the NetBase team as well as a business seat implementation for one of our clients. I would highly recommend having all stakeholders attend an implementation meeting as they can understand the power of this platform.
Larger analytics suites like Google Analytics and Omniture simply do not provide the kind of real-time data that Chartbeat does. I have used Parse.ly which has some interesting real-time features as well; I would say Parse.ly is similar in terms of ease of use, though Chartbeat does give you the feeling of using a best-in-class product.
Manager in OtherOnline Media Company, 1001-5000 employees
Meltwater took too long to load whenever you had to change keywords, their customer service was not very responsive, and their interface was not very customizeable. We decided to search for a new software company and we invited many companies to present. We selected Netbase after a free trial for reasons stated earlier.
Return on Investment
- The most positive impact is that it gives us realtime outage emails — faster than our server provider does. So we know within seconds if one of our sites is down. This has proven an invaluable part of Chartbeat
- Another great feature of Chartbeat is the multiple sites dashboard, so I can see traffic to all my sites at once.
Employee in Social MediaMedia Production Company, 11-50 employees
- Positive - NetBase allows us to quickly gather a high level over view of a topic, which helps for new business pitch and being able to inform the account teams of basic information.
- Negative - We have to use other tools to gather news, which affects our budget.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?