Chartbeat provides real-time web analytics, but is specifically designed for magazine and newspaper publishers making the switch from print to digital. The product tracks where traffic is coming from and helps maximize traffic and engagement.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/K5/H4/0VUQISUWTOBC.pngChartbeat is the best realtime traffic tracker out there!We use it in the web department, and we use it to track how many people are on our web properties at any given time, and how they got there. We also use it to see spikes in traffic, and get the alerts to see if our servers go down. I send reports frequently to department heads in the organization based on information I get from Chartbeat.,Real-time analytics Server speed/if the server is up Traffic sources Geo-location of sources,The source of traffic sources could be a little more clear - where do "direct" links come from?,9,The most positive impact is that it gives us realtime outage emails — faster than our server provider does. So we know within seconds if one of our sites is down. This has proven an invaluable part of Chartbeat Another great feature of Chartbeat is the multiple sites dashboard, so I can see traffic to all my sites at once.,Google Analytics,Google Analytics, Buffer,2,2My Chartbeat ReviewWe use it simply to keep a live track of current visitor levels to the site. It gives a good initial gauge of how our email activity is performing.,Live concurrent visitors Nice dashboard view,Having the ability to compare today with what we did the same time last week, last month, last year would be useful If I'm interested in any level of detail I go to GA,5,Google Analytics,Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio, Google Analytics, QlikViewChartbeat ReviewChartbeat is being used by the analytics and digital teams to track how many users on are on the site at a time. One business problem it addresses is it lets us know how many users could be affected in the case of a site outage. If the number is high then we are typically more conservative about code pushes versus if the number is lower.,Top Pages - Chartbeat lets you know what pages on the website are being viewed the most. Concurrents - Chartbeat tells you how many individual users are on your site. Trends - Chartbeat will tell you what time of day is most popular for your particular website.,Chartbeat includes internals in its calculation which can be misleading sometimes. Charbeat sometimes takes a couple of minutes to update. Chartbeat tells you what device a user is on but I don't think it's 100% accurate.,8,Tells you what pages are most popular at a given time Tells you what devices people are on which could sway your decision on making a mobile app or not Tells you who is referring people to your site which would be great for advertisement ideas,Google Analytics,Slack, TeamGantt, Adobe AnalyticsChartbeat's Simple Real-time AnalyticsChartbeat has some beautiful graphics for analyzing your website metrics. Often it is a good idea to use a few alternatives to Google Analytics to see if you uncover any new data for optimising your business flow. A nice alternative to GA. Does some real-time analytics in a unique way.,Real-time data is Chartbeat's strength. Their "NOW" dashboard gives you actionable information. Chartbeat can show me multiple sites in one view. A nice alternative to Google Anaytics.,You're going to need additional metrics data to look at trends and patterns across periods of time. I'm not a huge fan of the "fuel-gauge" type of chart for data reporting. I'd like Chartbeat to go deeper into the data. Let me drill down a few levels and give me the same beautiful graphics.,8,Using real-time analytics you can make quick adjustments to new content that is not getting the expected uptick. Identify content that is trending up, and give it a boost. Get a good view of your audience and activity on multiple sites at once.,,8My Chartbeat ExperienceProvides real-time data Allows user to track specific platforms Allows user to analyze geographical targets,Incorporate more specific social platform tracking Campaign and hashtag tracking Provide data for more then just the past 30 days,We can tell what kind of content does well throughout the day Very specific with real-time content tracking Provides excellent resources for overall content data,8,10
Chartbeat

Chartbeat Reviews

Chartbeat
Filter 18 vetted Chartbeat reviews and ratings
July 02, 2018

Review: "Chartbeat is the best realtime traffic tracker out there!"

• Real-time analytics
  • Server speed/if the server is up
  • Traffic sources
  • Geo-location of sources
  • The source of traffic sources could be a little more clear - where do "direct" links come from?
Very useful when you need to know how many people are on your site and where they're coming from.
March 28, 2018

"My Chartbeat Review"

• Live concurrent visitors
  • Nice dashboard view
  • Having the ability to compare today with what we did the same time last week, last month, last year would be useful
  • If I'm interested in any level of detail I go to GA
Just for giving a general idea of how much traffic is coming to the site and where they are going
July 26, 2017

"Chartbeat Review"

• Top Pages - Chartbeat lets you know what pages on the website are being viewed the most.
  • Concurrents - Chartbeat tells you how many individual users are on your site.
  • Trends - Chartbeat will tell you what time of day is most popular for your particular website.
  • Chartbeat includes internals in its calculation which can be misleading sometimes.
  • Charbeat sometimes takes a couple of minutes to update.
  • Chartbeat tells you what device a user is on but I don't think it's 100% accurate.
Chartbeat is well suited for a company that wants to know at a specific moment of time how many users are on the website. It is great to have up on a screen in the background of a room so people can glance at it whenever they want. It doesn't do a whole lot other than tell you the basic numbers.
John McElhenney profile photo
May 05, 2014

User Review: "Chartbeat's Simple Real-time Analytics"

A nice alternative to GA. Does some real-time analytics in a unique way.
  • Real-time data is Chartbeat's strength. Their "NOW" dashboard gives you actionable information.
  • Chartbeat can show me multiple sites in one view.
  • A nice alternative to Google Anaytics.
  • You're going to need additional metrics data to look at trends and patterns across periods of time.
  • I'm not a huge fan of the "fuel-gauge" type of chart for data reporting.
  • I'd like Chartbeat to go deeper into the data. Let me drill down a few levels and give me the same beautiful graphics.
Real-time usage with Chartbeat is great. It's a low-cost option. Simple is powerful. If you're client is overwhelmed with GA, Chartbeat is a simple alternative that can get them thinking about things in real-time.
Read John McElhenney's full review
Stephanie Porter profile photo
December 14, 2013

User Review: "My Chartbeat Experience"

• Provides real-time data
  • Allows user to track specific platforms
  • Allows user to analyze geographical targets
  • Incorporate more specific social platform tracking
  • Campaign and hashtag tracking
  • Provide data for more then just the past 30 days
Play around with Chartbeat and test diverse content. The only way you can tell what will do well is if you give all your content a chance.
Read Stephanie Porter's full review
February 03, 2016

"Chartbeat review"

Chartbeat was used in newsrooms up and down the country to allow editorial staff to get a real life snap shot on how the traffic was reacting to their site. It allowed journalist to really promote their content on social media and actually see the engagement with users. We could also get a rolled up snapshot for all 200 websites to see where spikes in traffics where, what caused them and how we could turn spikes into audience growth.
  • Realtime data on editorial content
  • Sources of audience per site
  • Rolled up view of real time data for a lot of site
  • Put more into historic data. Currently the real time data is key, which makes sense but when users are given the option to download the previous day and last 7 days of data they will, but unfortunately as you go further back in time the data gets more sparse. Room for improvement there.
Chartbeat is brilliant for editorial based sites that are flexible in reacting to the audience. When a story does particularly well the editorial staff needs to be able to promote the story on social media; display it high up on the homepage and just generally make sure that the spike they are seeing continues to grow and that they can ensure those users don't bounce straight off the website. It is always enjoyable to see the moment when a story goes viral and giving editors the options to also see this makes their job a lot more three-dimensional. All of a sudden they aren't just writting content, they are affecting how real people use the site and they are going to interact with the rest of the content.
May 17, 2014

Review: "March to the Chartbeat of Your Own Drum"

It is used to track web traffic for an entertainment news magazine show's website. The online team monitors this to see what stories are trending and the kinds of stories readers are most and least interested in.
  • It tells you how many people are simultaneously reading a single article at any given time.
  • This information helps us determine which stories to link to and promote due to level of interest.
  • We can see what social media sites are referring readers to our articles and photo galleries.
  • Sometimes story headlines are duplicated or unidentifiable.
Chartbeat is good if you are looking to really familiarize yourself with your web browsing audience to better cater towards and serve their interests.
December 24, 2013

Review: "Chartbeat Delivers Valuable Behavior Data at a Price"

• Chartbeat excels in providing real-time data about a website 24/7.
  • Chartbeat highlights your social media activity, and it even lets you link your Twitter handle to the site so you can keep constant track of your presence on Twitter.
  • Chartbeat lists the top search terms sending people to your site, allowing you to maximize your SEO plans.
  • Chartbeat tells you what your top pages are, but it would be even more helpful if it also showed what pages people are exiting your site from the most. That way, you could focus on creating better links on said pages to keep people on your site longer.
  • Chartbeat shows you what percent of your site's visitors are on mobile devices, but it doesn't show which pages are more popular on mobile devices compared to computers and vice versa.
  • Chartbeat lists the number of social concurrent visits to your site at any given time, but it would be more beneficial if that number was broken down by each social channel (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
I would advise a colleague to compare Google Analytics to Chartbeat when choosing a behavior data program. I'd want to know how frequently they use social media for their website, because Chartbeat excels in breaking down social media data. I'd also want to know how many pages their website updates each day, because it would be more costeffective to use Google Analytics with a lower page count.

About Chartbeat