<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.5 out of 101
Based on 2097 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
For optimizations of anonymous tracking, google analytics is second to none--and it's free! Unless you have extremely high traffic... then it get's very expensive very fast. It is well suited for tracking multiple sales channels, across multiple devices, and allows for very granular tracking. GA supports annotations, providing invaluable context when viewing trends.
Free services provide a wonderful resource for people on tight budgets. If willing to put forth work in data managing/analysis and If basic high traffic information or drilling down specific users in low traffic situations is needed, then StatCounter may fit your needs. If automation and low overhead are a high priority then some more expensive packages can provide the same and more information with less hassle. Because StatCounter is free, there is low risk to see if StatCounter works in your specific usage scenario.
- It's free. Can't beat the price.
- It's permissions, reporting, and dashboards allow for great flexibility for users to get what they need
- It has advanced features many don't know of such as eCommerce reporting tools, goals and trending tools, and a plug-in API.
- Easy to use and install
- Can track custom activity in real time
- Customized reporting for location and volume throughout the day
Engineer in EngineeringBuilding Materials Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Simplifying tutorials and how-to guides would definitely help beginners.
- Integrating Google Analytics to data visualizations that are more in line with Prezi animations rather than PowerPoint-esque graphics would be greatly beneficial to analysts!
- Updating the user interface to be less overwhelming to first-time users
Communication Strategist | Social Media & Virtual Platforms Expert | Digital Content Creator |
Actively Exploring New Professional OpportunitiesGovernment Relations, 5001-10,000 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 47 answers
Our company is very likely to renew our use of Google Analytics because it provides easy access to detailed website data that multiple employees use on a regular basis. We are able to make actionable decisions quickly and easily. Without the tool, our business would slow down and the risk of competition moving in our market share would increase.
Based on 7 answers
Based on 5 answers
Google Analytics provides a wealth of data, down to minute levels. That is it's greatest detriment: find the right information when you need it can be a cumbersome task. You are able to create shortcuts, however, so it can mitigate some of this problem. Google is continually refining Analytics, so I do not doubt there will be improvements
Based on 1 answer
Based on 2 answers
love the product and training they provide for businesses of all sizes. The following list of links will help you get started with Google Analytics from setup to understanding what data is being presented by Google Analytics.
- How to Use Google Analytics for Beginners – Mahalo’s how-to guide for beginners.
- A beginner’s guide to Google Analytics – A free eBook walking you through Google Analytics from setup to understanding what data is being presented.
- Getting to Know Your Google Analytics Dashboard – The title says it all! This is a brief post with one goal: to introduce you to the Google Analytics dashboard.
- Google Analytics for Beginners: How to Make the Most of Your Traffic Reports– This guide doesn’t cover setup, but it does a great job of helping you to better understand the data being presented.
- Google Analytics Video Tutorial 1: Setup – A video presentation that walks you through Google Analytics setup.
- Google Analytics Video Tutorial 2: Essential Stats – A video presentation that introduces you to some of the most important data being presented in Google Analytics.
We wanted to try out a new program as IBM analytics was a bit pricey and our company has been trying to cut in areas of our budget in order to provide service for recent hurricane claims and to upgrade offices in the Northeast. This was a good solution to the budget issue, but it's still a new implementation.
Return on Investment
- Customer insights are always important. Understanding the content of interest.
- Seeing the source of traffic and their site behavior helps evaluate Ad investment.
- Positive is that we can analyze website users.
- You can manage sub-users, like a team, in StatCounter.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—