<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.7 out of 100
Based on 225 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Hotjar is well suite for organizations that want to get a good glimpse into user behavior on their websites. The tool is easily installed through Google Tag Manager, and then users simply select which pages or paths they want the tool to analyze. After a few days, users can start seeing patterns develop, helping them understand what areas of the user journey flow they need to test out and improve. Hotjar is primarily for web-based experiences, not for mobile applications and other non-web digital applications.
It is a costly solution but well worth the money because of the details and information. We used others in the past but switched because it links with WIX. Sometimes I feel as if it is not capturing all our web traffic simply because it doesn't even track when our business is using it. It is good for some leads but I think there can be more it is missing.
- Heat mapping is great on Hotjar. It is a good place to start when you are looking at the UX & CRO on your website. You can see the % of people clicking on elements on a page, how far they scroll, and mouse movements.
- Hotjar is great for session recordings. These record the mouse movements, clicks, pages and scrolls of a user in video format. You can watch these to investigate what works well on a site and identify potential roadblocks and bugs.
- Hotjar is great as it ensures that users details are anonymous; for instance, if you are watching a session recording, you cannot see what a user types in a form field, as Hotjar blanks this out.
- Hotjar has a poll function, so you can have polls on your website.
- It gives you valid leads that have been on your website looking for your products
- The information is always accurate and detailed about their visit
- It notifies you when the customer is looking for help or products, so you know when to reach out to them
- Customization of in-page user surveys - Although it is a great tool to be able to publish and update user surveys that appear on our web page, the customization options (mostly UI) are somewhat limited, making the survey either stick out like a sore thumb, or look like an advertisement or error on our site. It would be great to get a little bit more control over how the survey appears on our site.
- Honestly, I have not run into any other major examples I can detail where HotJar has not been able to do what I have needed it to do!
Employee in OtherComputer Software Company, 201-500 employees
- I wish the process could be a little more automated somehow. Right now it is more manual, at least in our process, to aggregate the accounts and segment accordingly.
- It seems more geared towards sales, rather than marketing. We are struggling a little to use this at scale, but it could be where we are in maturity of using the product.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 2 answers
Even though the heat maps and user recordings were useful, our website was significantly slowed down after we installed Hotjar, so much so, that it took over a minute for our blog to load. The data that we gathered was not worth the length that it took our website to load.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 6 answers
So easy and simple to use! Straightforward anyone in the team is able to easily go in and set up anything in Hotjar. The UI is really simple. Whenever you give feedback to Hotjar they continously take on board the feedback and improve the tool.
Lead Forensics 9.0
Based on 1 answer
The tool takes a bit to learn and you go through an onboarding to get a better understanding. Once you go through that, the tool is very user friendly and a piece of cake to use - anyone can go through it, no IT skills need to run and manage their platform.
Based on 4 answers
Hotjar is a SaaS-based company, and as such has a good support service. Users can quickly submit support tickets through Hotjar's online portal. Enterprise customers get access to additional support members and have SLAs to support their larger, more complex needs. Overall, Hotjar is extremely reliable and I've never had to reach out to customer support.
Lead Forensics 8.5
Based on 3 answers
While we have not had a lot of issues, the Lead Forensics team has been helpful in addressing them. The software is fairly intuitive, and issues rarely arise. This could also be from a lack of use on our part, but we have not had a great deal of interaction with the customer support team.
To be honest, we have only tried Hotjar session recording. I know there are some alternatives but we haven't tried any of them. I think there are none as complete as Hotjar for what you pay (some do heatmaps, other video recording, other polls). And the thing is that all of that is done pretty decent on Hotjar, so I'm not looking for any alternative right now.
Lead Forensics is the best as far as I can tell, but choices that are a fraction of the cost come pretty close. Some places like ThomasNet even throw this functionality in for free now. I guess it's a question of if you view this type of intelligence as a luxury or essential.
Return on Investment
- User Testing Alternative - Instead of hiring UX testers, we can leverage our actual customers to determine how they use our website. This has helped frame website redesign discussions on several occasions.
- Landing Page Design - We've designed our landing pages based on user feedback from heatmaps we've gathered from Hotjar. Understanding where to place CTAs and other pieces based on user interaction has helped us streamline our landing page design.
- Device Usage - Part of the data provided by Hotjar includes which device a user is visiting from. This helps us understand how mobile users work differently than desktop users.
- In the end, we canceled our subscription, however, we had a couple solid leads from our use. We reached out to those clients. We didn't generate actual business, but at least we're on their radar.
- In general, we have a better understanding of the marketing capabilities Lead Forensics can offer us. They provided us all of the tools we'd need to be able to recommend it to our clients.
- We were able to see the effects of our marketing and learn from their successes of different tactics.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Hotjar Editions & Modules
- 2k pageviews/per day
- 10k pageviews per day/per month
- 20k pageviews per day/per month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Lead Forensics Editions & Modules