UK company Lead Forensics offers their eponymous platform for lead generation and web analytics.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/w3/Wr/D2D8SGHO8DV9.pngAccurate deanonymization tool, but trying to figure out how to scale for marketingWe are using it in marketing to discover and deanonymize engaged accounts on our website so we can take appropriate action afterward. [We are] Segmenting them based on pages viewed and putting them into a marketing initiative after we get general contact information for job titles we normally work with at these companies.,They do a good job of the actual deanonymization of the accounts and putting it into an easy to filter view It is nice to be able to see the pages visited by the particular companies and how much time the were on each page. They make it fairly easy to tag/segment groups that are visiting the website.,I wish the process could be a little more automated somehow. Right now it is more manual, at least in our process, to aggregate the accounts and segment accordingly. It seems more geared towards sales, rather than marketing. We are struggling a little to use this at scale, but it could be where we are in maturity of using the product.,7,So far we are working on generating an ROI. We did not accurately estimate the time and processes needed to manage the software and processes. It is interesting to see which companies are engaging in our site that we did not know about, so there is a knowledge ROI there. Just need to figure out better execution to turn it into revenue.,,MarketoGreat at what it does, but not the cheapestWe used Lead Forensics to augment Google Analytics. We're a high dollar low volume seller and broad demographics aren't as important as the company-specific information. Lead Forensics let us know what companies were considering our technology perhaps even before they reached out and contacted us. Customers typically research longer and contact later in the selling process than years before so this type of information is valuable to us.,Good website Great e-mail alerts so you don't always have to remember to log in to the website Good customer service,The educational webinars could be more than "used car" sales techniques A bit pricey with some cheaper alternative out there now If you have multiple domains you'll pay a lot,8,Proactively reach out to customers before they reach out to you On long sales cycles, you know when current customers have activity on your site Prepared for customers before they reach out to you,Google Analytics,FreeConferenceCall.com, GoToMeeting, Insightly,No,Product Features,I'd look at several of the cheaper alternatives that are out there and see how inferior they really are given the dramatically lower price point.Fascinating technology!Lead Forensics was used primarily by a smaller group that was responsible for generating leads in our organization. We were able to generate really solid leads, along with their contact information. After an email marketing campaign, it was great to see who clicked through the campaign and what specifically they were looking at.,It was incredible to see who is visiting your website and what they're looking at! Lead Forensics did a great job almost "training" us on the best way to use the information and how to be tactful when reaching out to leads. The interface was very user-friendly and provided an easy way to take the leads and delegate them to the sales team.,The product was a little bit pricey. Some of the leads still required some legwork to get contact information on your leads. At times, the sales staff seemed very pushy. Used-car-salesman-like.,10,In the end, we canceled our subscription, however, we had a couple solid leads from our use. We reached out to those clients. We didn't generate actual business, but at least we're on their radar. In general, we have a better understanding of the marketing capabilities Lead Forensics can offer us. They provided us all of the tools we'd need to be able to recommend it to our clients. We were able to see the effects of our marketing and learn from their successes of different tactics.,Google Analytics,Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CCGood for large companies onlyWe intended to use it to identify leads to our site from larger organizations who don't contact us. It is only used by the sales team. It addresses the problem of leads not self-identifying.,Providing name and info on large companies who visit our site Goal based tagging for site visitors User-customized filtering for leads,They charge for looking up specific people at companies Companies in coworking spaces are essentially anonymous Really only useful if you are targeting larger businesses Not a great integration with Infusionsoft,2,LeaDroid,Help Scout, Teamwork Projects, InfusionsoftLead Forensics is a must seeWe are using Lead Forensics in our marketing, sales, and demand generation team for the purpose of lead generation, ABM insights, and website optimization. By gathering account visit insights we can better measure website activity at an account level, helping us to narrow our prospecting focus.,Accurate account level detail and information provided Real-time insights so we can make decisions quickly Easy to use interface for faster adoption,Collect more account information like revenue and SIC code for targeting purposes Integration with Eloqua More advanced reporting on Web analytics,7,We have not seen any ROI yet in the past month Opened our eyes to new accounts we didn't even know about that were interested in our services New channel for lead generation campaigns,Oracle Eloqua, Smartsheet, Oracle Social Relationship Management (SRM)
Lead Forensics

Lead Forensics Reviews

Lead Forensics
Filter 19 vetted Lead Forensics reviews and ratings
Devin Ellis profile photo
November 12, 2018

Lead Forensics: "Accurate deanonymization tool, but trying to figure out how to scale for marketing"

• They do a good job of the actual deanonymization of the accounts and putting it into an easy to filter view
  • It is nice to be able to see the pages visited by the particular companies and how much time the were on each page.
  • They make it fairly easy to tag/segment groups that are visiting the website.
  • I wish the process could be a little more automated somehow. Right now it is more manual, at least in our process, to aggregate the accounts and segment accordingly.
  • It seems more geared towards sales, rather than marketing. We are struggling a little to use this at scale, but it could be where we are in maturity of using the product.
I think Lead Forensics works a little better as a sales enablement tool, rather than a marketing lead generation tool. There is good data a particular salesperson/BDR could pull that might be helpful, or at least pursue companies that are engaged.

I would recommend having a display ad vendor in place, or have social ads ready, that could help target the companies that are de-anonymized to help determine the buying committee and gain opt-ins to target with emails.

I would also recommend making sure you have the people/processes in place to manage this, as I previously mentioned, the process seems more manual, at least at the level of our contract.
Read Devin Ellis's full review
Doug Mancosky profile photo
May 09, 2018

Lead Forensics Review: "Great at what it does, but not the cheapest"

• Good website
  • Great e-mail alerts so you don't always have to remember to log in to the website
  • Good customer service
  • The educational webinars could be more than "used car" sales techniques
  • A bit pricey with some cheaper alternative out there now
  • If you have multiple domains you'll pay a lot
Much of the information duplicates stuff you can get for free from Google. The real magic here is getting the company names. Now it's not going to give you a specific person or a specific department, it's still up to you to do some old-fashioned sales through LinkedIn and the such to make a connection.
Read Doug Mancosky's full review
Annie Koelker profile photo
March 14, 2018

Lead Forensics Review: "Fascinating technology!"

• It was incredible to see who is visiting your website and what they're looking at!
  • Lead Forensics did a great job almost "training" us on the best way to use the information and how to be tactful when reaching out to leads.
  • The interface was very user-friendly and provided an easy way to take the leads and delegate them to the sales team.
  • The product was a little bit pricey.
  • Some of the leads still required some legwork to get contact information on your leads.
  • At times, the sales staff seemed very pushy. Used-car-salesman-like.
Lead Forensics is great if you've got a robust website that is highly integrated into the rest of your marketing. It was helpful for our company, and I can see a use for our clients. However, a larger budget is critical, because I think it would best work in combination with other marketing efforts.
Read Annie Koelker's full review
Jim Hohl profile photo
August 09, 2017

Lead Forensics Review: "Good for large companies only"

• Providing name and info on large companies who visit our site
  • Goal based tagging for site visitors
  • User-customized filtering for leads
  • They charge for looking up specific people at companies
  • Companies in coworking spaces are essentially anonymous
  • Really only useful if you are targeting larger businesses
  • Not a great integration with Infusionsoft
I would recommend it to companies targeting larger businesses. If your ideal client is solopreneurs, start-ups in coworking spaces, or anyone else who would not have their own IP block, this is not useful. However even for larger businesses, unless you know exactly who inside the company is visiting, it's not super helpful.
Read Jim Hohl's full review
August 01, 2017

User Review: "Lead Forensics is a must see"

• Accurate account level detail and information provided
  • Real-time insights so we can make decisions quickly
  • Easy to use interface for faster adoption
  • Collect more account information like revenue and SIC code for targeting purposes
  • Integration with Eloqua
  • More advanced reporting on Web analytics
For ABM strategies and web optimization measurement, it could be useful because of the account based insights it provides. It is not that useful if you don't have a lot of web traffic and need to know exactly who the people are that are visiting.
Ginger Davis profile photo
February 10, 2017

Lead Forensics Review: "Shady billing/business practices"

Lead Forensics helps us see who is looking at our website. This is useful so we can target those companies but also so that we can stay ahead of the trends in the industry and target similar business when we notice a pattern.
  • Capturing visitor data (pages, length of time spent, etc)
  • Sell their product
  • Must pay additional for actual contact information
  • Unethical billing practices
  • Lots of wasted time training on the same things over and over which aren't of actual use
I wouldn't recommend them despite believing that they have a good product. Unethical business practices overshadow their product.

Although they provide a pretty neat service, the company is pretty unethical. Last fall, they convinced me to sign a contract with them for my small business after lots of negotiation. When they sent over the paperwork for me to sign regarding the bank draft, I noticed it had an amount different than what we had agreed upon, so I didn't sign and contacted my salesman; he said if I didn't want to sign it first and let them correct it later, he would send another. The second one was completely blank and they wanted me to sign my authorization and they'd fill in amounts after I signed and returned to them; I of course refused because blank is even worse than an incorrect yet known amount and they acted like I was crazy for doing so. Eventually they sent the correct amount and I signed.

Fast forward about three months. I'm in the process of changing banks. I contacted them to let them know that the account they would draft from monthly was changing and provided the new routing and account number. When I noticed a draft from my "old" account a couple of days later, I chalked it up to them not having enough time to make the change and assumed it would be switched before the next draft; however, when I reconciled, I realized that they were able to get that new account info into play nearly immediately and drafted BOTH the new and old accounts. I reported this and even though it only takes about 24 hours to CHARGE you, it's been a week and counting and CREDITING for their "mistake" is taking far longer. It's resulted in three overdrafts which they take no responsibility for other than to say they're sorry.

My advice is to find another company that offers this service and do business with someone reputable. I hate that I'm under contract with these crooks.
Read Ginger Davis's full review