What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Iterable is a great tool for B2C companies looking to focus on increasing retention using cross-channel messaging. If you want to keep your users coming back and increase revenue, Iterable makes experimenting a breeze. However, if you're focused on enterprise B2B or scenarios where rapid experimentation isn't possible, Iterable is probably overkill.
Feature Rating Comparison
WYSIWYG email editor
Ability to test dynamic content
Triggered drip sequences
Role-based workflow & approvals
- I love Iterable's ability to A/B test not only the messaging but the timing and medium of messages as well.
- Iterable's workflow editor is fantastic. It's far more advanced than most competitors.
- Iterable was easy to get started with because of its Segment.com integration.
- UI needs a lot of work. There are certain things (like changing a user's email address) that are needlessly complicated and frustrating.
- The WYSIWYG editor is not as easy or intuitive to use as it should be. We have had to come up with some unusual workarounds for tasks that should be simple and straightforward.
- In the WYSIWYG, certain actions have different results when repeated in exactly the same way. It can be very glitchy at times.
Manager in MarketingWine and Spirits Company, 51-200 employees
I've only used 2-3 email platforms before Iterable, but Iterable is leaps and bounds ahead of the curve. While Iterable is a relatively new company, and has some things to improve upon, I have no major qualms with the business. The majority of my work os spent setting up emails and looking up data in Iterable, so overall, I'd say I'm happy.
Return on Investment
- Iterable has helped us increase user retention by over 350%.
- We were able to get Iterable up and running in just two days.
- Iterable has freed up engineers to focus on other tasks since marketing/design can launch new transactional campaigns without help.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?