<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.8 out of 100
Based on 99 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Digium Asterisk is well suited for a city government as a communications solution for internal and external use. Other options like PBX are more expensive and hard to escalate. VoIP makes it easier to use the communications infrastructure instead that already exists rather than having to wire every phone when the solution is a digital or analog phone. In my city, government offices are not in the same place, which makes it harder to communicate everything together.
Director in Information TechnologyPublic Safety Company, 1001-5000 employees
Twilio's SMS is very well suited to interact with customers via text messaging. While we have seen younger generation being happier with texting, we are also seeing texting picking up across all demographics. Twilio will generate/increase trust in situations when customers require rapid response or want to be informed of their account/status changes. Twilio's SMS is not the best for sending links to files, getting electronic signatures via links or sending large images etc. Expect IT to be involved and ensure that IT is given adequate information about your current AND future plans to gain the most out of Twilio SMS.
- Call forwarding that I can trust stays on even if my phone "refreshes."
- Ability to setup various call rules and save them to use as needed.
- Easy to see my team in one place, when they log in and out and what call status they are in.
- Twilio is a simple, user friendly way to log in and out of work activities.
- Excellent services and support.
- The omnichannel feature which allows agents to get request from all channels.
- Documentation is scarce, so you have to learn by trial and error.
- Not cloud-based, and there's no mobile app.
- The ability to email voicemail messages would be great.
- Authy does not support the "push button" multi-factor authentication from your application's native apps. This means if you want to use Authy, you still need to use TOTP based codes.
- Not really a shortcoming of Authy, but it does nothing to help with multi-factor authentication using text messages - those are still sent to your platform's messaging app.
- Authy doesn't always display how much time is left before your current token expires, making it difficult to know how much time you have left to enter the current code.
Engineer in Research & DevelopmentPharmaceuticals Company, 5001-10,000 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 9 answers
Twilios large peer community on the internet , easy to access Twitter tutorials provided by Twilio itself and available API references makes using Twilio an easy experience. Sincerely, I do not think anyone can get lost in the course of using Twilio, at least from my own personal experience and that of junior engineers and developers on my team.
Sangoma Asterisk 8.0
Based on 2 answers
I have asked in the not so recent past about having my phone updated with my saved Digium "favorites" list but it doesn't seem that this is possible
Based on 22 answers
I have not had to communicate with Twilio support in the last 3 years but my past experience with them has been very positive. They replied to my previous requests promptly and kept me well informed to resolve my inquiries.With their documentation that's available, I hardly imagine why anyone would need to contact support since it's all there in a concise and easy to understand format. It would probably take you longer to type out a support ticket than to just open their doc websites.
Director in MarketingMedia Production Company, 1-10 employees
[Based on] my experience, we initially had to deal with Avaya PBXs, the same applies to client instrumentation (telephones, etc.). Surely we are talking about a product much more "business-like", but the management and implementation has a high cost and is not as simple as it can be (or better) with Asterisk.
To be honest, I don't know of any Twilio SMS competitors that have the robust transactional SMS that Twilio SMS has. I know of a few marketing SMS platforms such as Textedly but that's more of an email blast (or SMS blast) to your list then something targeted based on user action inside our application that Twilio SMS can provide. On top of that, in Twilio SMS I can push them through my own segmentation and sequences programmatically to even make the marketing SMS's more targetted compared to some of the pure blast competitors.
Return on Investment
- being zero cost, we saved at least 3 million on what a legacy pbx would have cost
- the savings and speed means lower cost on our service making us more competitive
Technician in Information TechnologyMental Health Care Company, 501-1000 employees
- Twilio WebRTC allowed us to move a bulk of our communication to the cloud, giving us a lot of visibility on how we were communicating with our customers.
- It also gave us analytics on how much time users spent on communicating with each other over calls and helped us build features around it.
- Twilio became the center of all communication on our platform. From chat messages to phone calls, it powered everything.
Program Manager in Product ManagementHuman Resources Company, 11-50 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Sangoma Asterisk Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Twilio Editions & Modules
|Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns||$153|
|Twilio SendGrid Email API||$14.955|
|Twilio Flex (Contact Center)||$16|
|Twilio Flex (Contact Center)||$1507|
|WhatsApp Business API||$0.004213|
|WhatsApp Business API||$0.00514|
|Elastic SIP Trunking||$0.04515|
|Elastic SIP Trunking||$0.00716|
- per message sent or received
- per minute to receive a call
- per month for 5,000 contacts and 15,000 emails. Your first 2,000 contacts are free
- per min per participant
- per month up to 100k emails. (Up to 40k emails free for 30 days)
- per active user hour (5000 hours free)
- per named user per month (5000 hours free)
- per min to make a call
- per active user per month
- per authentication
- per SIM card
- per MB
- Per WhatsApp Template message sent
- Per WhatsApp session message
- Per min for origination
- Per min for termination