Reviews (1-25 of 92)
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Will this remote connection tool "blow your mind"?"
- Bomgar allows us to take control of a computer remotely using a website.
- Users can access the website from anywhere.
- We are able to elevate rights and use admin credentials if needed through to the Bomgar console.
- Entering admin credentials through the console is not always very easy.
- It can be difficult to get users to navigate to the correct Bomgar webpage.
- Switching monitors for users who use multiple screens is not very easy.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "****Great application for remote help for all types of users****"
We use Bomgar so that we can see the end user's machine and essentially do the work ourselves if needed versus trying to have the end user do the work.
- You can use it to screen share on multiple platforms.
- The amount of information that you can collect from a customer's computer without even screen sharing is immense.
- Sometimes it takes multiple steps to get approved to fully control the user's computer. This is probably because of their security settings but it's annoying.
- Auto Times out after inactivity if there are no sessions in progress.
- Security and user confirmation for accepting screen share
- Char and sharing files
- Latency is next to none
- Refresh button gone in latest update
- Make it easier to remove the sidebar completely
- Integration with more of our tools
- The ease of remote access Bomgar allows is second to none. You have many options when it comes to remote support from the Bomgar button on the end user side to manual entry of that machine's ID or IP address. If you want to use RDP, they do that too.
- Performance is always up for discussion when all situations and networks are different. But when we were seeing connection and graphics issues with 2 other remote solutions, Bomgar just worked and did it well.
- If features are your thing, Bomgar has that and then some. And they are always adding to the toolbag. They are more than remote access and I see their role increasing and the tools too.
- Only issue I really have is the jump client goes to queu when our remote vendors shut down their machine. Works in our favor if we lose our connection but that never happens. And this is such a small issue but had to put something in here.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Bomgar - don't try supporting remote users without it."
- Allows groups to be set up and limit system access by the group.
- Ability to wake system at remote locations if one system with the client loaded is running at the remote location.
- Ability have multiple users log into one remote system.
- Ability to transfer access to another user.
- Web browser access to support agents devices when the application is not available.
- System is difficult to set up initially without assistance from Bomgar support.
- System remote access can only be limited by groups not per user.
- Sometimes difficult to find options when administering the system.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support): "Screen share means faster resolution means higher CSAT means higher renewal rate and higher bonus"
- Being able to collaborate when needed was great. I didn't have to share my screen via messenger with my teammate, but just have them get into the session.
- As a manager, it was good to be able to use the rep viewer when listening to calls for quality control (live) or recorded. And those recordings help our engineering team see what goes on too.
- The surveys from screen sharing give us another insight into the customer health.
- The reporting is a bit cumbersome. Having to cross reference the three reports before we can associate with CRM information.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Bomgar is Efficient and Effective"
- Bomgar is easy to use and sessions can be initiated by the user or the technician.
- Bomgar is compatible with a wide variety of devices and most devices can be Bomgar'd to and Bomgar'd from.
- I have no complaints with this product.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Orange you glad you tried Bomgar? I am!"
- Security security security! they are in my opinion ahead of the game on level of security offered
- Extremely easy for my users to interact with me. Simply send them to my internal web page and away we go!
- Audit logs and trails that will satisfy every thing I want to know and more
- I wish they had a little more Ipad support integration however that is not Bomgar's fault!
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "It's not Marmite (everyone loves it)"
- Brings many remote support tools into one location making it easier to use for for both our less experienced technicians and our technical experts.
- The reporting features of Bomgar, in particular session recording is a great tool to record complex issues.
- Canned Scripts are excellent for reducing the time to deploy various utilities and software.
- I would like to see the ability for individual canned scripts to be able to use more than one resource file.
- I would like to see a 'wysiwyg' editor for the Public Site Web Template (in addition to the html editor).
- I would like to have more space for canned script resource files.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Bomgar Secure remote support tool is tops"
- SAML authentication works perfectly enabling us to set up members in workgroups to provide secure access
- Reporting: Detailed usage by techs on all the remote sessions they performed each month
- Integration with ServiceNow is a feature we are excited to implement later this year
- Reporting is limited to a set number of past days and requires an additional purchase to retain data long-term
- Chat support needs to be able to be set for certain hours within the system
Chat support still needs some improvement in terms of set chat hours and multilingual support (which is a 3rd party additional cost add-on)
- I like how Bomgar gives me and my team the ability for remote support to any system or mobile device, anywhere
- We can connect quickly to remote PCs and devices, see the screen and control the device, and have support whether we are on or off the network.
- We have support whether we are on or off the network.
- I would say the thing I like the thing I like the least about this software is the price
- Using Bomgar when a system is infected with malware is challenging.
- If you leave it open long enough without actively using it, there is this annoying pop up that appears.
Great for real-time IT support
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Bomgar - For Assisting Users Off-Network"
- Allows analysts to fully access a user's PC or Mac to assist with software issues.
- Is a very secure way to remotely assist user.
- Allows analyst to see all displays.
- The user interface is a bit clunky and could be polished or streamlined.
- It is difficult at times for the user to download and run the Bomgar program through different web browsers.
- Can be difficult for the user to access the website based on their web browser.
Bomgar is not suited for users who are connected on the same network as there are other, simpler applications that would work better.
- I remoted into an unmanned PC this afternoon using the jump client and was able to resolve a high urgency issue. Once I initiated the connection it went right in and I was able to work. No lag and not delay either.
- We also can send an email to a user have them use the link to access a PC across the internet that is not on our network. This is really good for out of band support.
- The chat and file transfer functions are really there to communicate to the user and to transfer files to the remote PC or back to some other location.
- It would be great if it had wake on LAN functionality. That way you could power up a PC that is powered off and do your work, then power it back off. All without bothering the user.
- Sometimes when updating the client it does not go as smooth as one would like. IT would be nice for the client to detect that there is a new client available and download it, giving the user the option of installing.
- Upgrading the client on the console is not that easy to do either. Have had to get Bomgar support involved to get it done on at least one instance. It really should be easier.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Bomgar - A key to our success for the last decade"
- Remote access for macOS computers. We support primarily businesses that use Macs and good macOS support is very important.
- Maintains logs and screen sharing videos of all sessions. It's peace of mind for us and also helps meet compliance standards that we can tell exactly what happened, every time we access a machine remotely.
- Allows for easy management of hundreds of computers in a single app. We support hundreds of computers for dozens of companies. Finding the right computer to access is very easy and able to be done with just a few clicks.
- The process users follow to start a remote session if the Bomgar software is not already installed seems to confuse some users. I've seen other remote support software products that seem to do a little better job.
- The rep client software can be a little buggy. Some times it crashes or locks up when using it.
- The iOS rep console app is good but not as full featured as the Desktop app. It would be nice to see complete parity between the two and have all the same features on the iOS app as you do on the desktop.
- Ease of use - volunteers are easily able to initiate a support session to get their issues resolved.
- It leaves no trace - after the completion of a standard support message, nothing is left on the volunteer's machine, no software has to be permanently installed.
- Security - It has an accurate audit trail, and is very secure.
- Price - I hate to say this, but it was the only stumbling block for us. Bomgar's expensive, but it is worth every penny.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Moving to Bomgar, just a better investment."
- The ability to transfer files within the Bomgar application has been key to our success.
- Creating "canned scripts" allows us to run rather lengthy powershell scripts with ease.
- We using our recorded sessions for training purposes as well as working with our vendors.
- Some clients will have UAC enabled on their PC's and the black out screen seems unnecessary, the remote user should not be blocked, but rather allowed to click the okay on the notification. Bomgar is the only remote application I have used that does this and it is frustrating.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Bomgar is the best solution for branch office support."
- Ability to connect to pc's regardless of carrier or firewalls.
- Ability to connect to pc's during off hours when employees are not at their desk.
- Ability to connect using multiple devices. (IOS, PC, Mac)
- I would like to see a voice chat capability added to the system.
- I would like to have access to canned scripts through a web interface. This would be useful those limited times I am actually working on a pc in person.
- I would like to be able to use files in the filestore for canned scripts rather than having to upload them a second time.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Bomgar - Our first and last choice for remote support software"
- Simple client install
- Bomgar is always up to date with the latest technology trends
- Multi device support (ie: Mac, pc, IOS, android)
- I am extremely happy with Bomgar and cannot think of any weakness currently
Recently we received several calls that our remote touchscreen computers wouldn't log in. When you click on the username, the screen flashes black then back to the login screen.
I was able to use Bomgar to remotely file transfer the Window's log files and found the error was with LogonUI.exe. After a quick Google search, I found a Reddit post stating that you need to run a Windows recovery disk or the touchscreen needed to be unplugged from the USB port (not so easy on an all-in-one) then a bad windows update could be uninstalled.
Since none of these solutions would work because I was not at the computer, I needed another way. Since Bomgar has a command shell feature, my personal favorite, I was able to run "wusa /uninstall /quiet /forcerestart /kb:3097877" to uninstall the update remotely. After the computer restarted everything was back to normal.
Try to do that with your average remote desktop program!
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Bomgar an investment that will return value year after year"
- Unattended remote support through jump clients.
- Flexibility of providing remote support through a number of devices including mobile.
- You have flexibility to choose to deploy a physical appliance on-site or virtual appliance in the cloud.
- No native integration with LANDesk without use of an API and professional services to build one.
- Easy access for end users to join a session with a technician.
- Provides additional space to allow multiple users to see a single desktop.
- Allows for uninterrupted access once the client and server are connected. Even through rebooting.
- Configuration can be difficult. As infrequently as I use the administration portion of the appliance, I would like there to be an easier way to determine where I need to go to do certain administrative functions.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Review: "Bomgar - The Bombiest Bomgar Ever"
- We're able to remote to any computer, even if they're not on our domain.
- We can remote to phones to support them better.
- Being a PC based company, working with Macs is difficult. Bomgar enables us to remote to them, and help support them, even if we don't know what we're doing. :D
- I honestly can't think of anything, as they do a good job of updating as they see fit.
- If they could do ticketing, that would blow me out of the water...
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support)
Bomgar says it helps support teams of all sizes improve business performance by enabling secure, controlled remote support to nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world.
Bomgar offers deployment options that can fit a company’s business needs. The vendor says their on-premises physical and virtual appliances have helped enterprises satisfy regulatory requirements for years. Additionally, the vendor says the unique segmentation capabilities of their cloud deployment gives users cloud without compromise.
With Bomgar, users can support all of their systems over the web, even if they are behind firewalls they don't control. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution enables support teams to reduce the amount of time spent on incident handling since it is done via one solution. Technicians can support remote computers running Windows, Mac, and Linux … or mobile devices running Android, iOS, or BlackBerry. Additionally, they can offer support from their preferred device, even if it's an Android tablet or iPad.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Competitors
|Bomgar Connect||$49/mo per license|
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support) Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry|