May 08, 2021
Score 9 out of 10
Read this authenticated review
Pros and Cons
- Being part of the IBM Cloud platform, applications running with IBM Cloud Foundry can easily access and make sure of other services on IBM Cloud.
- This is essentially IBM's implementation/offering based on the open source Cloud Foundry platform, so you have access to most, if not all the other goodies available from the community, such as custom buildpacks, etc...
- The IBM Cloud Foundry CLI is well designed and very easy to use.
- All the benefits offered by the Cloud Foundry technology, including auto-scale, zero downtime deployment, security, and more.
- I don't know if this is an issue with IBM Cloud Foundry or IBM Cloud as a whole, but I have experienced some reliability issues over the years which impacts SLA for our applications, and occasionally compatibility problems after the platform is upgraded.
- I have not been able to find a way for IBM Cloud Foundry to trust self-signed certificates created by other IBM Cloud products.
- Its web UI can sometimes be unresponsive, but you can always use the CLI as a backup.