We recently implemented HP Mobile Center v2.02 after 6 months of rigorous POC period and we are very glad we made that decision. HP Mobile Center meets all our needs and aligns very well with our current stacks of HP Tools.
HPMC is used globally and provides the access and security our teams needed when it comes to test mobile application on real devices. In first phase we have opened the solution to only Quality Assurance team but later as adoption will increase, we are planning to open it up for Development and UAT teams.
HPMC give remote access to real devices and also have the flexibility to have physical proximity to the devices. We have multiple connector hubs globally. From a organization perspective we have much better control of what, when and how a mobile apps are tested.
- Remote access to real devices within your organization network as compared to public devices library offering, where their is a risk of exposing pre-production builds outside the organization.
- Ability to mimic real world conditions in a controlled environment in the devices of your choice.
- Removed the guess work out of using emulators
- Able to extend automation to mobile testing using HP UFT.
- I would like to see stability in connection for connected devices in case of network failure, reboots and restarts
- I would like to see shorter support cycle for patch and updates from OS makers
- I would like to see a dedicated HPMC support center, where users can call-in and get answers as this a brand new product.