Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now
Workforce Now is being used company wide to manage time and attendance, time off, HR and payroll functions. It helps us address our time management systems and link those systems directly with payroll.
- Allows updates within HR function to link directly with payroll and deductions.
- Manage time and attendance and use those records to pay hourly employees accordingly.
- Create time off policies and link those policies and requests directly to employees' time sheets to help ensure proper recording of time and attendance data.
- Utilization of one system to link all time and HR data in one place.
- We are unable to make HR changes once a payroll period is open which means that we often have to wait until the last minute to open a period which is difficult.
- The inability to keep more than two weeks open at a time is problematic for our organization. We pay on a semi-monthly basis and it is hard sometimes to close a week because any changes by supervisors have to be in before you open a new pay period.
- Implementation time to set up is very long and strenuous. Making changes to time and attendance policies and other systematic changes can be difficult and time consuming.
- It feels at times as if the shifts between the different modules don't work as well as they were sold to us. Such as Time Off and Time and Attendance can cause many error messages that are confusing to supervisors and staff.
- This has allowed us to have more transparency for both management and staff regarding time off balances. This has allowed us to make important management decisions regarding staffing.
- This has streamlined our payroll process and helped get more accountability from supervisors regarding approvals and oversight.
- The initial setup was really tough and extremely time consuming. It took months to get it set up properly and to get management staff setup on the system and using it efficiently. The out of pocket costs for set up were pricey as well.
We used Run by ADP before Workforce Now and found it to be a much more user friendly and easy to use payroll system but it doesn't have the time and attendance functionality required under the Affordable Care Act. Workforce Now has many more features than Run but lost a lot of the user friendly and ease of use functions that Run provided. We considered Paychex but did not care for their customer service previously and ease of use as well. Workforce Now seemed to have all the features that we were looking for and they work, perhaps just not as seamlessly as it was sold to us.
If you are a small company then ADP has products that are better suited for smaller business and are more user-friendly. The payroll module can be more difficult to navigate in comparison to the Run product that ADP also has.
In a larger business where the company wants to manage many of its components through one system, I think Workforce Now works well. If you want to be able to keep HR, Time and Attendance, Time Off and Payroll all in one system I find that Workforce Now fits the bill.
ADP Workforce Now Feature Ratings
Using ADP Workforce Now
100 - We are a school so all employees except substitutes use this system. Employees such as Teachers, Administrators, Teachers Assistants, Front Office Staff and the Business Office all use Workforce Now.
3 - The business office is the primary supporter of ADP Workforce Now. It is the payroll person, Business Administrator and Accounting Supervisor who primarily support the ADP function, make HR changes and work within the product daily.