Amazon Chime Review
April 26, 2021
Amazon Chime Review
Software Support Engineer
ProfitSword, LLCHospitality, 51-200 employees
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Chime
Amazon Chime was our go-to software for scheduling and attending corporate and departmental meetings weekly, quarterly, and annually. Moreover, Amazon Chime was in various ways; For Example, I used Amazon Chime to create a meeting within my department so training within my department can be done efficiently. Amazon Chime solves major business problems such as anyone from the company can use their accounts to create a meeting for any reason, most of the time with Amazon Chime I was able to solve issues such as getting on a quick on the spot meeting to clear out any issues within our organization and move on with our daily duties.
- Chat tools, video calls, on spot meeting invite[s] easy to create and use.
- Ability to record any meeting and automatically downloads the meeting recording after ending the meeting.
- UI is clean and easy to navigate around Amazon Chime.
- Ability to invite outside guests easily using Amazon Chime without any issues.
- No easy way to sync up with Google calendar using Amazon Chime, a user would need to click on the google calendar link and then copy the Amazon Chime link to be able to sync up.
- Ability to have on-screen live captioning, that would be great.
- [The] ability to create Polls and video calls do not have the ability to blur background images and or create custom background images.
- Creating meetings and video conferencing
- Recording meetings
- Built-in chat messenger for our organization
- Positive impact- ability to initiate meetings and recording meetings with [a] couple of clicks.
- Negative impact- Syncing with google calendar.
- Positive impact- solve business needs using Amazon Chime by collaborating with other departments.
All the mentioned above products are better if not rated much higher with the features they have compared to Amazon Chime. Amazon Chime does not support well with google calendar and other negative features I mentioned compared to other products. Amazon Chime lacks features such as blurring background images in video conferencing calls. Amazon Chime UI is a little out of date compared to other products, it needs an upgrade, nevertheless, Amazon Chime is used by any user to navigate around to create meetings, record meetings, chatting within the app, and etc.
Do you think Amazon Chime delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Amazon Chime's feature set?
Did Amazon Chime live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Amazon Chime go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Amazon Chime again?
Amazon Chime is well suited for users that consists of a small group of people, for organizations that are more than 50 ppl Amazon Chime is a little lagging on the point where the ability to sync with google contacts, and calendar. Amazon Chime does have [it's] good and bad, but for sure Amazon Chime can solve the needs where a user needs to connect with a team or group right away to business issues or personal projects resolved. Amazon Chime great for video conferencing, live chat, creating meetings and etc.
Amazon Chime Feature Ratings
High quality audio
High quality video
Integrates with social media
Record meetings / events
Participant roles & permissions
Confidential attendee list